Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
One of the things I'm intrigued about is that all of the reviews I've seen have mentioned MGS:4's replay value. Even in the review you've posted they make mention of that fact in the "Lasting Appeal" category.

I got my $10 down for the Special Edition version!:w00tz

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Here in Calif. we'll all need to go hands free while driving and using our cellphones. I'm thinking about getting the MGS bluetooth. :lol2:ninja

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
because reviewers didn't get copies of MGO with their MGS4, so somehow they 'forgot' that, even though it's been public knowledge for nearly 6 months.

Lovely.

It's kind of bothering me that the gave it 9.9, I mean...why not just give it 10?

It's only the IGN UK tough, so we'll see what regular IGN gives it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Skipped straight to the scoring. I'm rather proud of myself for having made a conscious effort to avoid spoilers. The only thing that has me a little worried are the cutscenes. I hope there's a save point before the REALLY long cutscenes because If it's 2AM and I'm just running into one of them, I'm shutting that shit off and going to bed. :p

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Skipped straight to the scoring. I'm rather proud of myself for having made a conscious effort to avoid spoilers. The only thing that has me a little worried are the cutscenes. I hope there's a save point before the REALLY long cutscenes because If it's 2AM and I'm just running into one of them, I'm shutting that shit off and going to bed. :p
Trust me when I say there are no 90 min cutscenes.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Fair enough. Was that the rumor mill at work? At first I thought (they have to mean 90 minutes worth of cutscenes) but, everyone kept specifically saying that it has 90minute scenes. Either way, this game is gonna rock hard.

Trust me when I say there are no 90 min cutscenes.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Fair enough. Was that the rumor mill at work? At first I thought (they have to mean 90 minutes worth of cutscenes) but, everyone kept specifically saying that it has 90minute scenes. Either way, this game is gonna rock hard.
Well, it was basically a situation where Eurogamer posted misleading information.

There are area's in the game in which you switch between gameplay, cutscenes, and convo's that total 90 minutes, but you're not sitting there watching a video for 90 minutes.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
because reviewers didn't get copies of MGO with their MGS4, so somehow they 'forgot' that, even though it's been public knowledge for nearly 6 months.

Lovely.

It's kind of bothering me that the gave it 9.9, I mean...why not just give it 10?

It's only the IGN UK tough, so we'll see what regular IGN gives it.
Lasting appeal was a 9.5 and not the 10 that every other sub score was.

LevelSevenCivic said:
Same here.

Metascore for the game is a 97/100. Granted, this is only based off of 6 reviews, but it is still extremely impressive. :eek2

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Lasting appeal was a 9.5 and not the 10 that every other sub score was.
Which is why I thought it was a bit of bullshit. The game comes with MGO. If you want my honest opinion it's because they're compensating for the 10's they gave GTA IV.

We'll see how the US branch of IGN reviews it, probably something similar, I'm not expecting 10's, though I think the game will deserve it.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Which is why I thought it was a bit of bullshit. The game comes with MGO. If you want my honest opinion it's because they're compensating for the 10's they gave GTA IV.

We'll see how the US branch of IGN reviews it, probably something similar, I'm not expecting 10's, though I think the game will deserve it.
Compensating for the 10's the gave GTA IV? Na man, I think you are just looking too deep into this. There doesn't always have to be an underlying conspiracy as to why a game didn't get a better score. There really is no need to point fingers/attempt to make justifications. It's all subjective anyways... I mean, who says MGO makes the lasting appeal worth a 10? Maybe some people don't find it as enjoyable as you do. Whatev man, YOU know you will still enjoy this game, so who cares? It's literally a .1 difference, BFD.

And for fuck's sake, the game isn't even out yet, and you are saying it deserves a 10, while getting defensive about a review giving it a 9.9. You can't be serious...

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Compensating for the 10's the gave GTA IV? Na man, I think you are just looking too deep into this. There doesn't always have to be an underlying conspiracy as to why a game didn't get a better score. There really is no need to point fingers/attempt to make justifications. It's all subjective anyways... I mean, who says MGO makes the lasting appeal worth a 10? Maybe some people don't find it as enjoyable as you do. Whatev man, YOU know you will still enjoy this game, so who cares? It's literally a .1 difference, BFD.

And for fuck's sake, the game isn't even out yet, and you are saying it deserves a 10, while getting defensive about a review giving it a 9.9. You can't be serious...
I'm just pointing out that GTA isn't worth 10's, given it's technical issues and myriad of online fuckups on both systems (the online is far from 'tuned').

Honestly, when you're talking one tenth of a point, just give up the digit. Especially when the entire review (from what I've heard) lacks any mention of MGO at all.

And yes, I'm saying the game deserves 10's. Though, it seems you're taking more offense to my statements about the game than you seem to think I have about the score. I'd gladly ask for any input on a MGS title, or why you would think otherwise about this game, but I don't even think you've completed half of the series yet, so I honestly can't expect anything from you other than off base comment.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
I'm just pointing out that GTA isn't worth 10's, given it's technical issues and myriad of online fuckups on both systems (the online is far from 'tuned').

Honestly, when you're talking one tenth of a point, just give up the digit. Especially when the entire review (from what I've heard) lacks any mention of MGO at all.

And yes, I'm saying the game deserves 10's. Though, it seems you're taking more offense to my statements about the game than you seem to think I have about the score. I'd gladly ask for any input on a MGS title, or why you would think otherwise about this game, but I don't even think you've completed half of the series yet, so I honestly can't expect anything from you other than off base comment.
Well IGN is somewhat goofy, IMO, as in the GTA IV review they admitted that a 10 did not indicate perfection... plus I'm guessing they didn't get a ton of time with the online. It's whatev though. A 9.9 is a 9.9. IGN doesn't round, they never have, so it's not that big of a deal.

Please refrain from turning the table. Your last point proves absolutely nothing. All I'm saying is that it is ridiculous to chastise a review for a game you have not even played yet... not to mention the reason for your complaint stems from a 9.9 not being a 10. LMAO.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
No, my point is:

They give it a 9.5 for 'lasting appeal' yet make no mention of Metal Gear Online. I haven't read the review myself, because I'm on media blackout, but I hear they make no mention of any online play at all.

Your seriously up in arms because of my point. After all, I never said anything about anything but IGN, and you're like "YOU CANT BE SERIOUS! OMG! LMAO HAHAHA". You're quite a bit more worked up about me questioning IGN, than I am about IGN's review.

You honestly just hate to see anyone try to question anything that's not Nintendo / Microsoft related don't you? Cute.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
No, my point is:

They give it a 9.5 for 'lasting appeal' yet make no mention of Metal Gear Online. I haven't read the review myself, because I'm on media blackout, but I hear they make no mention of any online play at all.

Your seriously up in arms because of my point. After all, I never said anything about anything but IGN, and you're like "YOU CANT BE SERIOUS! OMG! LMAO HAHAHA". You're quite a bit more worked up about me questioning IGN, than I am about IGN's review.

You honestly just hate to see anyone try to question anything that's not Nintendo / Microsoft related don't you? Cute.
No, do not twist this. It has nothing to do with any other company or game system. I even agreed with you that IGN's ratings don't always make sense. What's ridiculous is you are literally making a fuss over a 9.9 not being a 10. Then, you go on to say the game deserves a 10, despite the fact that you haven't played it. "Cute." Don't suggest others of being slanted when you yourself are one of the most biased people ever to set foot in this forum.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Right, so they can give the game a 9.5 for 'lasting appeal' without mentioning any multiplayer at all...but it's odd for me to question that?

That's like giving Giving Halo 3 10's across the board, but docking it points for lasting appeal without mentioning the online at all.

Granted, I haven't read the review, but the folks on GAF that I talk to say the review makes no mention of any online component, only single player. It's questionable, there's no if ands or buts about it.

You're just questioning me because you want to keep up the good fight. I applaud you.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Right, so they can give the game a 9.5 for 'lasting appeal' without mentioning any multiplayer at all...but it's odd for me to question that?

That's like giving Giving Halo 3 10's across the board, but docking it points for lasting appeal without mentioning the online at all.

Granted, I haven't read the review, but the folks on GAF that I talk to say the review makes no mention of any online component, only single player. It's questionable, there's no if ands or buts about it.

You're just questioning me because you want to keep up the good fight. I applaud you.
The funny thing is, whenever your fan boy attitude comes back in full force, and I say something in regards to it, you attempt to turn the situation around so that I am the one who appears to be riled up, when in reality the only one getting defensive is yourself.

Your issue stems from the fact that you believe the game deserves a 10 in lasting appeal, in turn you are upset IGN gave it a 9.5, and that the review lacks the justification for this score? Just an FYI, this doesn't necessarily mean MGO wasn't taken into account... Anyways, if there would have been a paragraph directed towards MGO, but the lasting appeal still remained a 9.5, would you be any less upset? No, because this is your holy grail of games and you are unwilling to accept anything less than a perfect score.

It's clear as day man. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You are angry over a 9.9... and go on to say the game deserves a 10, despite the not so mundane fact that you have yet to play it. You get extremely irate when anyone disagrees, and it extends beyond the digital walls of SHO. You seem to get pretty upset on GAF as well. Check your blood pressure lately? Take a frickin' chill pill dude, seriously.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts