Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
6,058 Posts
Actually I'd be cool with it if they mentioned MGO. But they didn't. It's cool that you can read my mind though!

Either way, I get it, MGS4 isn't your type of game, not enough chainsaws and space aliens (with ridiculous colors). You can keep that to yourself, I prefer games with substance to them, you know, good music, story, presentation, those things that none of the games you like have.

· Registered
6,058 Posts
Looks like IGN AU carry's on the tradition of stupidity. No mention of MGO in the review, and an 8.5 for lasting appeal.

Then in the comments they say:
Metal Gear Online or not, we came for the single-player game. We got just enough to balance out the cutscenes. There is definite replayability to be had, if you're passionate.
Pathetic. And the media wonders why Konami asked them to keep their traps shut.

· Registered
6,012 Posts
Actually I'd be cool with it if they mentioned MGO. But they didn't. It's cool that you can read my mind though!

Either way, I get it, MGS4 isn't your type of game, not enough chainsaws and space aliens (with ridiculous colors). You can keep that to yourself, I prefer games with substance to them, you know, good music, story, presentation, those things that none of the games you like have.
This post does not even deserve a response. You are not arguing anything, you are simply attacking what is my taste in video games, pathetically attempting to insult me.

But I should probably learn my place, considering I obviously do not enjoy, "good music, story, presentation," you know, all the things that "my games" don't have. :lol2

Like I said earlier, you are going to love the game, so why are you worrying so much about reviewer X giving the game a 9.9, and reviewer Y giving it a 9.5? After all, you must realize these are opinions. Although I find it odd you are trying to somehow disprove these scores (under the circumstances that you do not have the game in your possession), in the end if the game is a 10/10 for you, that's all that matters.

As for everything else, I believe my previous posts can sustain my position on the argument, no need to regurgitate anything else.

· Registered
6,058 Posts
And if Halo 3 was reviewed without any consideration for the Online mode...and was scored less as a result, you wouldn't think it's bullshit? It's amatuer journalism is what it is.

If someone reviewed a movie, but only reviewed it based on it's special effects and not it's story, you wouldn't think that's bullshit?

If someone were to give a 'review' of a Car, but only talked about the interior of it, and ignored performance, gas mileage, etc, you wouldn't think it was bullshit?

You cannot review HALF of a product. That is my point.

· Registered
6,012 Posts
And if Halo 3 was reviewed without any consideration for the Online mode...and was scored less as a result, you wouldn't think it's bullshit? It's amatuer journalism is what it is.

If someone reviewed a movie, but only reviewed it based on it's special effects and not it's story, you wouldn't think that's bullshit?

If someone were to give a 'review' of a Car, but only talked about the interior of it, and ignored performance, gas mileage, etc, you wouldn't think it was bullshit?

You cannot review HALF of a product. That is my point.
That is a good point, unfortunately, you are exaggerating the importance of MGO. Simply put, MGO is not half the game... what you also have not considered is what if said reviewer did not care for MGO? The overall score would surely reflect this, and I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy. At this point it seems you are assuming the consideration of MGO would no doubt raise the score...

Anyways, in the end I do agree. MGO should be included in the review, it's dumb that is wasn't, but oh well. Like I said, at the end of the day, if MGS4 is a 10/10 in your book (which you have already confirmed despite not having the game), then who cares what [insert publication X here] review said?

· Registered
6,058 Posts
That is a good point, unfortunately, you are exaggerating the importance of MGO. Simply put, MGO is not half the game... what you also have not considered is what if said reviewer did not care for MGO? The overall score would surely reflect this, and I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy. At this point it seems you are assuming the consideration of MGO would no doubt raise the score...

Anyways, in the end I do agree. MGO should be included in the review, it's dumb that is wasn't, but oh well. Like I said, at the end of the day, if MGS4 is a 10/10 in your book (which you have already confirmed despite not having the game), then who cares what [insert publication X here] review said?

Surely the inclusion of MGo would warrant at LEAST a half a point :lmao

I mean, even if you absolutely hate it, I can't see it not being worth half of a freaking point.

I just find it both silly and amatuer to either not mention it at all, and then score the game a 9.9, or mention it, and say you won't even include it in your review, because you only care about the Single Player.

It's unacceptable, and unfair to the consumer.

I honestly think this is a result of the massive amount of 10's the media incorrectly handed out for GTA IV.

· Registered
6,058 Posts
So random question, but MGS4 is a perfect example: Edge gave the game an 8/10... why is Edge always so damn hard on everything? :confused
Traditionally Edge and Eurogamer have been really negative as publications. They often go 'against the grain'. It's almost a staple of theirs. Sometimes they are on point with their criticism, sometimes they are way off the mark.

Shiba - Yes, I'm playing with a DS3. It's the first game in...well a very long time that I've played with Rumble is an extremely long time.

*goes back to MGS4*

· Registered
6,058 Posts
I'm actually going to the Midnight launch to get my grubby hands on the LE Guide...I have to have one :(

On, and if you don't have a headset yet, Best Buy should have the MGS4 headset on sale tomorrow for $39.99 (blackdelsol, can you confirm?).

· Registered
6,012 Posts
I'm actually going to the Midnight launch to get my grubby hands on the LE Guide...I have to have one :(

On, and if you don't have a headset yet, Best Buy should have the MGS4 headset on sale tomorrow for $39.99 (blackdelsol, can you confirm?).
Yes sir, it's $20 off the normal sticker price. :)

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Anybody go out and get it?

My local GameStop is less then a mile from my house, but around 11:15 I said "Hmmm... nope." and crashed out. Around 1:15 I woke up again but was too lazy to drag myself out of the house.

This afternoon for sure.:)

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.