Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I never say negative things really (lol...yes I do).

but...is Bill Gates on CRACK? After 40 million PS2's have shipped around the world, finally the user base is settling and slowing down it's growth...so more people started buying Xboxes, because they already have PS2's. And now Bill is at the CES show bragging? He's been behind PS2, as well as GC a few times, and NOW he's bragging?

Anyway, did anyone see the blue screen of death on Forza? LOL...way to go, that's what dev's get using cheap tools (points at direct x and PC hardware).

Funny stuff if you ask me :)

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
lol the blue screen popped up? lol

thats fucked up ahaha

i always laff when i see the blue screen in the Zanzibar(lol messican) level at the control panel to open the gate, shits funny, i havent seen the blue screen in over5yrs great stuff

bill gates is the man tho, but you cant brag if ur third out of 3 ahahahaha

·
Registered
441 Posts
80 million ps2's actually..but yeah, bill is a bit on the odd side. just hearing him speak is like..what planet does this guy live on lol. bsod is always funny when he's showing off new stuff. i hope xbox 2 does it.

crazy or not, he best sell the xbox 2 for 299. i want one lol

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
tha_con said:
Okay...I never say negative things really (lol...yes I do).

but...is Bill Gates on CRACK? After 40 million PS2's have shipped around the world, finally the user base is settling and slowing down it's growth...so more people started buying Xboxes, because they already have PS2's. And now Bill is at the CES show bragging? He's been behind PS2, as well as GC a few times, and NOW he's bragging?

Anyway, did anyone see the blue screen of death on Forza? LOL...way to go, that's what dev's get using cheap tools (points at direct x and PC hardware).

Funny stuff if you ask me :)
I heard about the BSOD......I couldn't help but laugh :clap

Yeah, MS is still very much behind but they do have a solid base to build on. I guess the braggins is to try and save face and not look bad but in this case he ended up looking REALLY bad.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in all honesty I really WISH that they would delay the Xbox Next...because the user base is growing for xbox, and they could use that to their advantage, with xbox live gaining so much momentum, it's kind of...well to me it's stupid to release another console. Xbox is still young, and developers are just learning how to use their tools well, as far as I can notice at least. I just don't like that they are cutting it's life short in order to launch another console...it just seems like a money hungry scheme funded by us gamers...bah.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
animosity said:
80 million ps2's actually..but yeah, bill is a bit on the odd side. just hearing him speak is like..what planet does this guy live on lol. bsod is always funny when he's showing off new stuff. i hope xbox 2 does it.

crazy or not, he best sell the xbox 2 for 299. i want one lol
I'm pretty sure 80 million isn't the number sold nor shipped. That just seems a bit too large. I can try to find it, but I'm almost positive their user base is estimated at 40 million.

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
tha_con said:
I'm pretty sure 80 million isn't the number sold nor shipped. That just seems a bit too large. I can try to find it, but I'm almost positive their user base is estimated at 40 million.
no it's 80 million worldwide..

35 million as of...like its first year or something

PS2 --------------------------------------> Xbox

·
Registered
441 Posts
tha_con said:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/578/578454p1.html

i wonder how many have sold tho. and yeah i agree, i think microsoft is making a huge mistake launching early. it'll be nice to use it as a emluating machine again tho. i think i've played a total of 6 hours of xbox games and over 50 for other stuff so far lol

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ If they knew how to utilize the resources they had better there wouldn't be memory issues. They ran out of memory, they were running it on a dev kit, the SOFTWARE was not running right on the HARDWARE, hence causing it to run out of memory. It was not a hardware issue, it was poor programming and preperation.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
tha_con said:
^^^ If they knew how to utilize the resources they had better there wouldn't be memory issues. They ran out of memory, they were running it on a dev kit, the SOFTWARE was not running right on the HARDWARE, hence causing it to run out of memory. It was not a hardware issue, it was poor programming and preperation.
no dont get me wrong microsoft still sucks large mens testicles

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
effingwin98 said:
no dont get me wrong microsoft still sucks large mens testicles

lmfao...that is damn near sig worthy, thank you my friend, you do indeed rock, lmao. Great shit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts