Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
i got banned last wednesday i believe for playing ncaa 10. apparently they did a huge sweep, and caught a ton of people. the burned disks rotate like 1% different from an authentic game, and thats how they did it i guess... it sucks though...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Where did you hear that? :rolleyes Maybe that's one way... but I'm pretty sure they can simply detect a modified 360 from the Live service itself. There would be software and possibly even hardware differences between a modded and factory console. Also, many pirated games are downloaded and played straight from the HDD, it's part of the modification. In which case no disc would even be necessary. ;)

I don't condone this though. I've bought two 360's and neither has ever been modded. And I always buy my games! :number1
idk its something my genius friend said hes really good with technical shit. yeah i know people dont condone it but im 17 with a car and a life, i cant be spending 60 bucks on new games. although now i have to shell out 150 for the new box and modern warfare 2... it was worth it though

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't think I ever bought SNES or NES games when I was little, I think I might have owned 2 games, and then my friends and my games would always wind up at eachother's houses. I had the original Mortal Kombat(s) as well. I don't remember how much it costed, but I do remember buying N64 games and they were generally $40.00, but then the really good ones were $60.00, like DOnkey Kong, and Starfox 64, etc... then the cheap ones would be like a Tony Hawk game or something. That was back when if you got $20 for your birthday it meant something, felt like the richest person alive... now I throw $20 everywhere and it's meaningless amount of money.:cry
i wish i could say i do that...

·
Registered
195 Posts
how so?

he bought the console, he can do whatever he wants with it

this is why when I was big in console games, I had my modded xbox and a stock xbox.
:tu

·
Registered
195 Posts
for xbox its not a law, they just state pretty clearly in their terms of use that any tampering with the console violates the terms of use. then the concequences for violating include a voided warranty and an xbox that cant sign on to live...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.