Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, a few months ago, i sent my rex int a ditch off a dirt road at 80. then, i sold it to my bro for 2 Bronco II's. about a month opr do\so ago, he told me i pretty much completely fucked it up wen i sent it into the ditch... pushed back the whole sub-frame, busted the radiator (put the one from my 88 'lude in it... couldnt latch the hood right. then when we were goin down the highway at about 75, the hood came up and cracked the windhield and bent...

anyways, should i keep the 2 broncos, or try and trade em to my dad for his Mazda RX-7 with a blown engine...?

btw, all the engine needs is a seal or sumthin, and the trannies in both broncos are dead or almost deaad, but my bro would rebuild one for me...

and sry for the long post pplz lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
njn63 said:
owning a rx-7 gets expensive. For some reason no one works on these cars in their garage it seems and mechnics want a ton of money to fix anything (provided you find one that knows how to work on them).
yea, i know, but that wont be much of a problem, considerin my brother is gonna be a certified mechanic in about a year and hes done a lotta research on rx-7s

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
CRX.... WRX.... CRX.... WRX.... there is some diffrencences :).

lol just venting, not directed at you. I've been 80 on a dirt road before. so i KNOW the diffrenes.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If you have someone around who really knows his shit about the RX-7, go for it...

the FC3S has 225 stock (turbo II) and the FD came with 245 up to 265 stock... 99-01 FD even has 280...

but mind you: gas usage is the same, or worse, than a v6 engine... don't let the 1.3ltr engine fool you, it's a beast...

but the engine is SO far off from what you would normally know about engine-mechanics, that you either have to be an extreme enthousiast, or have a very capable mechanic around...

a friend of mine just bought himself an FD and the only reason he took the risk (he sold a CRX VT for it ;) ), is that we have a shop around here that does nothing but RX-7...

and yes... I've been thinking of getting me one... FC3S... but can't afford it right now :(

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
fc's w/ the re amemiya front end are t3h hotnes

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ctj121683 said:
into a ditch off a dirt road at 80? why were you going 80 down a dirt road in a crx?
:lol2: i was having fun, and ive done it lotsa times before, but i was being stupid. i completely forgot i had bald tires... and by the time i hit the ditch, i wasn't actually going 80, it was more like 50 or so... but yea, it was pretty funny... my friend went flying into me and my cd player skipped for like half a minute... lol
but yea... and u must've heard those songs that just... make u wanna haul ass :lol:

and im not completely sure about everything about it, but its not turbo, it was my dads so i know about the mileage and everything, and ive done enough research on rotary engines to know how they work and everything...

and id probly put the engine from the turbo II in it, instead of rebuilding the one in there... but the body is in pretty good condition, regualar sunfade of a car that hasnt been driven for a few years, interiors ok, jus hasta be cleaned, and i think sum kid jumped on the sunroof or sumthing... id hafta fix that...

and like i said, my brother pretty much knows his shit about RX-7s so yea....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yea, and its got a new clutch and great tranny :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
the_visualist said:
:lol2: i was having fun, and ive done it lotsa times before, but i was being stupid. i completely forgot i had bald tires... and by the time i hit the ditch, i wasn't actually going 80, it was more like 50 or so... but yea, it was pretty funny... my friend went flying into me and my cd player skipped for like half a minute... lol
but yea... and u must've heard those songs that just... make u wanna haul ass :lol:

and im not completely sure about everything about it, but its not turbo, it was my dads so i know about the mileage and everything, and ive done enough research on rotary engines to know how they work and everything...

and id probly put the engine from the turbo II in it, instead of rebuilding the one in there... but the body is in pretty good condition, regualar sunfade of a car that hasnt been driven for a few years, interiors ok, jus hasta be cleaned, and i think sum kid jumped on the sunroof or sumthing... id hafta fix that...

and like i said, my brother pretty much knows his shit about RX-7s so yea....
d00d a tII swap is not just like swapping a d-series for a b-series.....rx-7 electrical systems are majorly stressed as it is....be careful

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
what year rx-7?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its an 86 i think, and i know its not like a d-series swap in a civic... id have lotsa help... and yea... but still, should i stick with the bronco II's so i can romp, or trade em for the rx-7 so i can have a car that can go fast??

oh, and the mazda would probly get better or similar mileage as the bronco II...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
b16a1 said:
86? that's the sa22c? or the FB?

mmmm.... fix the rex...

no the 86 is the fc, the 85 is the fb

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
temp03 said:
no the 86 is the fc, the 85 is the fb
screw both of them, go FD and call it a day...we'll even call you ryosuke. :eek:

wait, who had the fc and who had the fd? bahh, i haven't watched those dvd's in awhile...:confused:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
screw both of them, go FD and call it a day...we'll even call you ryosuke. :eek:

wait, who had the fc and who had the fd? bahh, i haven't watched those dvd's in awhile...:confused:

lol.....fd=t3h expensive

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
phan: watch again... ryosuke has the FC...

anywayz... either get an FC or an FD... older doesn't look good...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
b16a1 said:
phan: watch again... ryosuke has the FC...

anywayz... either get an FC or an FD... older doesn't look good...
i want an FC w/ re amemiya front end....it looks like this

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
temp: do you have some links? you know... where to get the parts etc...

I'm actually thinking of getting me an FC, but was still contemplating the looks... this car.... DAMN... niceeeeee

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
b16a1 said:
temp: do you have some links? you know... where to get the parts etc...

I'm actually thinking of getting me an FC, but was still contemplating the looks... this car.... DAMN... niceeeeee

i can give you links to US sellers......:D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts