Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first of all, I'm barely reaching 300 miles on the odometer with a full tank of gas. considering that my fuel tank is about 12 gallons, that comes out to about 25 mpg. i drive on mostly highway, not much traffic for stop and go, stock ecu, and I rarely ever take the car above 4-5 rpm. btw, mines a 95 DOHC with a d16y8 (95-00 civic ex) swap. Dont ask why. I should be getting at least 30, 35 mpg, I dont know what the problem could be. Anyone have this same problem?

seconds problem is my car making squeaking noises when driving. its definitely around the roof area, but I cant seem to isolate the noise. at higher speeds, 60+, the sound sort of dies down, but anything below that, and my passengers always complain of the constant rattle/squeak. Anyone have this problem, and if so, how did you guys fix it?

Thanks~

·
Registered
259 Posts
sqeak

the sqeaking is prolly do to dry seals, you can get some lube stuff from honda i dunno the name but im sure someone here does, or do a search, or you can buy some stuff at autozone for cheaper, but its cuz they are lubricated, now the kids are gonna laugh at my post cuz i said lube lol :mad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts