Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else playing it?

On another site I'm on, there's a lot of guys who play it and they even have a private server set up for the mulitplayer portion. I was holding out, but I finally started up my world last night. :eek:

For those that don't know what it's about: It's kinda like LEGO's and the Sims. But without other people (in the single player game).

Minecraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Yea it's pretty cool. There is some crazy stuff in the game and things you can do with it. Seen a dude made a simple computer (yes it can add and subtract shit) and a dude who put a 1:1 scale model of the USS Enterprise D in minecraft with actual decks and shit.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
^ LOLS! I just e-mailed a link to that vid. to Danman about 5 mins ago.:hehe

That one, and also the guy who built his own computer within the Minecraft world too. I like how he walks around so matter of factly point out how it works. Plus the animals walking around as he describes his creation.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
do you have to pay for this?? a guy i work with was telling me about it, said it was cool, but said it will be a pay game soon, his english isnt so great so i wasnt sure if i understood that well

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you have to pay for this?? a guy i work with was telling me about it, said it was cool, but said it will be a pay game soon, his english isnt so great so i wasnt sure if i understood that well
I paid less then $15 for it. (It's via Paypal and there's a Dollar/Euro conversion.)

But there was a demo "Classic" version that had all of the building blocks, no monsters, etc. that I tried out for free before I bought into the game.

Here's where to go:
Minecraft

So far I've built a compound at my spawn point to keep me safe in the event of respawning at night. I have chest, a forge, and a workbench in there for resupplying purposes.

My main HQ is multilayers with many levels going into the ground. I build it on a small penninsula and tried to build a wall of sand to block off the beasts, but they would just swim around from the other islands. So I knocked the wall down and started a grove of trees instead.

I haven't done too much crafting or exploring. Mostly I've been working on beautifying and enlarging my two bases and a couple towers I built as landmarks.

I put cobblestones in the shape of a large arrow into the sand near my spawnpoint. At least if I get disoriented, I know which direction my main HQ is.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
I played the classic one, built a sweet house. Killed 4 hours no problem. lol

Gonna get the full one. And it's still alpha and it will cost more once it's gets to a final version, but if you buy it now you get the full thing later.

Seen the monster killing water pit? Saw a ytube vid of a thing that traps anything that falls into the water and drowns it. lol Dude had his workshop inside it.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Building stuff gets addictive. I've got multiple castle or fortress type buildings. Towers. And yesterday I built a bridge spanning over the body of water that seperated my main fortress from the next closest piece of land.

Everyone of my structures is festooned with torches. At night I go up onto the higher parts of my castle and look out over the landscape and look at all of the areas glowing in the darkness. I tilt my character's head back and let out a hearty laugh "Ho ho ho! I did all of this!!":hehe

I've also begun planting artifical forests. For every tree I chop down, I'll try to plant 2-4+ more in the same general area.

I've taken to scouting the caves near my homes, and I'm just about ready to start exploring a few of the larger looking ones. I guess you can trap the monsters into their spawning box by surrounding it with torches, so I've done that to a couple and so far it seems to work.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NegroD: You can build switches and flagstones that act as a triggering device (I guess like a pressure plate). I haven't really figured out how to incorporate those tools into my world, as I'm still at a pretty early stage. But I bet there's a ton of dudes who've thought of cool things to do with them.

I was just happy figuring out how to make glass and iron. The other night was the first time I was able to mine gold. Really basic stuff compared to others out there.:eek:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I was feeling a little smug about the fortress I've been building. Then I saw this...

I've been put back into my place. Humbled to the extreme.

LOLS! I don't think I can make many of the items they've created (except for things like glass, cobblestones, etc. How sad.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
never heard..

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still crafting!

I'm trying to link up the majority of my castles/fortresses with underground tunnels. Kinda like a subway systems sans the trains.

Plus I wanted to follow the East/West path of the sun and try to circumnavigate the world. I guess I could use the compass but that doesn't seem as exciting. Although I think I'll do it in "Peaceful" mode when I give it a try. I'll load up on coal, wood, picks (for getting out of trouble), and a workbench. Then I'll drop a torch down every hundred yards or so, as a route marker.

----------------------------

I found pumpkins! Adding a torch to them turns them into a cool jack-o-lantern that even works under water. So if I do the circumnavigation thing, I guess I should take some pumpkins along too.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
I been building an epic mine cart track system. Got some under ground/water tunnels and a central station that links my main lines that run N, E, S and W. Setup some slick auto resetting cart boosters so I can go either direction without having to do anything.

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
i build pretty long tunnel system on my laptop, but, then i tried transfering everythuing to my desktop. no go, have to start all over again

1 - 20 of 29 Posts