Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been bothering all you guys about motors and stuff lately, sorry but i think this might be the last question i have on the subject. The mini me hybrid consits of a dx engine (d16y something something) and a sohc vtec head, right? And if that is the setup, how hard is it to make it work and how much power will it lay down? I know that its not going to siginificantly give me a whopping 3 billion horsepower, but is it better than an civic ex motor (power wise). And what ecu would it work with?

· Registered
727 Posts
The most significant powerwise mini-me you can make stock is the D16A6 with the D16Y8 head. That will kill a EX badly, because it has an extremely high compression ratio. I think it's even higher than the ITR. It's supposed to be around 11.2:1-11.4-1 But you'll have to run premium. You'll probably get a 135hp motor at the flywheel. Never seen one dynoed tho so don't know about actual gains.

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hold up a sec, can a mini me be constructed with a d15 (delsol-s) cause my cousin has a delsol s and hes seeing what he can make from that.

· Registered
355 Posts
Del_Whoa said:
Ive been bothering all you guys about motors and stuff lately, sorry but i think this might be the last question i have on the subject. The mini me hybrid consits of a dx engine (d16y something something) and a sohc vtec head, right? And if that is the setup, how hard is it to make it work and how much power will it lay down? I know that its not going to siginificantly give me a whopping 3 billion horsepower, but is it better than an civic ex motor (power wise). And what ecu would it work with?
it's gonan be the same as the D16Z6 SOHC VTEC. Jsut get a whole D16Z6 and swap that in. little more reliable than jsut swappnig the head.

· Registered
727 Posts
Glad to help u Del Whoa. I have a friend really interested in this mini-me. This block is the most durable out of all D series motors. With it's shorter stroke and wider bore, you can go all out with this sucker when it comes to compression. D16Y8 head give you highest compression of all. If you think it's a little too high, go with the D16Z6 head, which gives you around .4-.8 less. It makes it a little safer from detonation.

· Registered
112 Posts
my friend did this to his 2000 hatch and i jus beat him by like 2 cars and thats without his vtec and jus a header , they do give the block a higher compression and if its done right your cane even mill the head a little for a even higher compresion like an 11 or 11.5 he's getting his vtec wired up this weekend so we'll see what happens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.