Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i searched and didnt find exactly what i was looking for, heres the problem....

i have a D15b7 in my car and wanted to swap in a JDM D15B or D16Z6.... but see hers the thing, a stock JDM D15b and D16z6 had the compression of like 9.1:1 stock or something.... but here is the ?......

1) if i did a mini me with the D16z6 head gasket, head (fully assembled), ECU, etc, and it ran perfect i would have a compression of 10.1:1..... is that going to bare more performance then swapping in a D15B or a D16Z6???

P.S.- to me it sounds like it would, i was thinking i coould put the performance parts that i am using to better use by increasing the compression and also it will produce more intake and exhaust velocity, and also it needs proper fuel tunning.......

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
The power would probably be pretty close, except you'd still have your Dx transmission.

You can get the JDM D15b with LSD for a good price, it has a pretty aggressive stock cam, an LSD tranny with much better gearing

·
Registered
478 Posts
jury is still out on the cam,

not all come with the LSD trans...

and the compression of the jdm D15b with the P08 block/head/pistons is actually closer to 9.7:1 not 9.1:1

the pistons are closer in dish to the old pm6 a6 piston.

here are mine:

the d15b7/p08 head "mini-me" has minor differences in noobie speak with the genuine d15b. the bottom end being the biggest differnce. either will work well for you with your "modifications" you have now, however the slightly increased compression ratio will only yield results with the proper tuning to go along with it.

also the biggest thing you should be worrying about at this time is the transmission if you are still using the dx trans, as it is not taking any advantage of anything you have done up to this point, or will do in the future. head swap or motor swap without the proper transmission = waste

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the car is automatic and i am not ganna change it for awhile.......... seriously, i cant cause my parents, im only 16....

·
Registered
478 Posts
if you arent going to change the transmission, especially from an auto than dont even worry about making power. its worthless.

just keep it reliable and on the road. dont dick with it. theres no hope for an naturally aspirated D series with an automatic.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k, whatever, ill boost it, i have had a boosted D series auto... so i guess ill go back...
whatever...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not-aw..... i had one before and drove it for 6months then sold it and it still runs.... tuned with uberdata, made 150hp to the ground and ran a low 15 1/4...... i work for a car shop down here and did it all my self the mighty D15b7 was a good setup, LOL, tiny rods....

·
Registered
478 Posts
my stock crx with 250k runs low 15's in the 1/4 lol

id love to spank a turbo car with it, come out here. =) (just messin with ya man,)

there is one DIE hard automatic user on SOHC, his name is "dragman" his cars still slow by most standards, but he refuses to swap. been tweaking results little by little for a long time, you might ask him for some help as its marginally better than it was (i think)

still i cant argue much with what the guy said above..

auto=crap
on these cars, yep.

did it all my self
props for that tho *claps* as long as your happy with it, in the end we all are just a bunch of people with opinions on the internet, its your car. =)

just as long as your keeping it SOHC im happy. lol

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
true, i just had to sell my accord and now i have another civic (the one im talking about) and my other accord (i got the car for 1000 bux and it runs fine)....... they r both auto and i want to finish the f22a4 build up on the accord, maybe ill sell the civic and finish that build up, LOL...... in the accord 100% stock, with exhaust i ran 16.8 in the quarter.... thats without power braking or anything... full interior, after the rest of the stuff im ganna do then i think some tuning will help, ill have a fast car....

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey man if you think you can have a fast automatic then go for it! I'm all about unique! It would be funny to see you smoke some of these guys at the local strip, i'd cheer for ya. Go for it!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
on saturday i took my friends gutted accord (same as mine) and ran a 15.705....

his setup only includes h/c/e/CAI/removed power steering.... and thats it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.