Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. Just put a mini-me in a friend of mines car. It is a D16Y7 block with a D16Y8 head. It is in a 1992 CX hatchback using a P28 ECU (stock). Our issue we are having is this: The car idles perfect. but from idle to about 2500-3000rpm, it is VERY sputtery. It goes away after the 3000rpm mark and the car takes off like mad afterward. One discrepancy though is that we may have used on intgra injector. I had like 12 injectors laying around in a box, but they were all obd-0 or obd-2. I had one obd-1 injector left and I think its from an integra. Would that cause any issues with the idle? Do I need to do that funky distibutor trick for the mini-me? I don't wanna leave my boy hanging like this. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
did you set the TPS? What dist did you use? What year is the head, and whats the Intake manifold from?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
lugnutRS said:
What do you mean?

did you set the voltage on the tps..the tps is adjustable, at idle you want .45 volts and wide open 4.5 volts.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Just use a voltmeter to calibrate the TPS...like he said,...., .45 at idle...4.5 at WOT.

Also integra injectors and civic injectors are both 240cc so it shouldn't make a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts