Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 accord(cd7) coupe and am looking at buying an Invidia cat back exhaust. I already have and AEM cold air intake, the car is dropped 2" with tokico shocks and struts and it's siting on 15" motegi r7's. Everywhere I look online, it says that the exhaust is for a 94-97 cd6 accord 2 or 4 door. Does anyone know if an exhaust for a cd6 will fit on a cd7 or not? please explain. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
I can't say much for fitment, but I dont think I would pay that much for a catback exhaust. I would get a flywheel and clutch before a simple catback.

You could probably get a full exhaust system for just a little more and actually get some benefit out of it. Catbacks are rarely worth anything at all. I have an exhaust system on my car I got off ebay for 220 shipped, its a knock off and works fine, however I only replaced my exhaust because it actually needed it and suprisingly that was the cheapest route.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I see what you mean. This had some cheap fart can on it and the other day it literally broke wight on the weld and fell off. So I need one asap, but have been wanting a new exhaust for a while. Thanks for your advice tho.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so I did some research and found out some details on the chassis code. The CD6 is for 94-98, 5th gen, Sedan, 2.2L H22A. The CD7 is for 94-98, 5th gen, Coupe, 2.2L F22B. I am still looking for some advice. Will an exhaust for an h22 engine fit a f22 engine? Will an exhaust for a coupe fit on a sedan? Any help is very appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
ok so I did some research and found out some details on the chassis code. The CD6 is for 94-98, 5th gen, Sedan, 2.2L H22A. The CD7 is for 94-98, 5th gen, Coupe, 2.2L F22B. I am still looking for some advice. Will an exhaust for an h22 engine fit a f22 engine? Will an exhaust for a coupe fit on a sedan? Any help is very appreciated. Thanks.
Yea it will fit , but the exhaust ports are different between F and H series heads. Other than that I don't know what exhaust routing could be different. I didn't think that the H came in any Accords, and IF there were H's in there , they were rare or swapped

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Yea it will fit , but the exhaust ports are different between F and H series heads. Other than that I don't know what exhaust routing could be different. I didn't think that the H came in any Accords, and IF there were H's in there , they were rare or swapped
h never cam in usdm accords. only over seas

· Registered
3,077 Posts
h never cam in usdm accords. only over seas
Euro accord right SI-R? t€hat was my impression thus far anyways.

EDIT: hes just looking at a catback, which should line up just fine anyways... BUT im not 100% on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.