Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering about what to do with the p/s and a/c lines. the a/c lines won't go to the b compressor, and the p/s line is too large for the b pump... the mrs. won't drive it unless i get that stuff hooked back up, and i need to get her driving the car so we can sell hers... plus it's too damn hot to be w/o a/c.

also, the cruise control isn't working. :confused everything is hooked up correct, i know that for sure, the cc light comes on when i try to set it, but it never takes control of the speed... wtf??

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
What ecu are you using? the only thing I can think of is that the cruise module talks to the ecu for some info and it can't communicate with what you're using...the other idea I have is that the valve body doesn't operate in the vacuum range of the B18B manifold. The Teg cruise control system doesn't work exactly the same way as the EK.

Should have used that CRV bracket w/D compressor dude!!! as for p/s I don't know as I removed mine, but maybe the 99-00 Si p/s pump or bracket would work. I'd think they used the same lines as all the other EK's...do some cross-reference on slhondaparts...

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, the crv bracket thing i couldn't quite figure out... i am still willing to bolt the d series compressor back up though if i can get it to work, but there-in lies the problem... there's no place for the pulley that i can see...

as for the c/c, i figured it had something to do with different vacuums between the two... i may just ditch the c/c, who knows...

oh, i'm using the obd2a p75 (or p72? whichever i'm supposed to be using :) )

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the cruise i'm not nearly as worried about as the a/c, then the p/s. it's flipping hot here.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Haha, yeah...who would have thought I'd come down to central Mexico to get away from the Midwest heat! :lmao

Well if you have the idler arm and the bracket, you need the pivot bolt that holds them together, the long adjuster screw from your D-bracket and the pulley/washers/etc from the D-bracket. See, is that so hard??? :p j/k get all your bracket stuff together, you'll figure out what's missing and what needs to be done...

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't think so... i'm we-todd-ed.

i just don't see how to make all that shit bolt up and work together :confused

when i get home in about 1/2 hour i'll check out the brackets and compressors... see what i'm being stupid about.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hah! she already doesn't want to drive it because it "shifts faster" now, lol... sometimes she makes me laugh :p

but on a side note, we took my car to a moto-x race my brother was in this past sunday, the temp was 101 with a heat index of about 112... an hour and 15 minute drive each way plus 4 hours outside getting dirt grass and hay thrown on you. driving down the highway fast isn't exactly going to cut it, :lmao

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, so guide me through this a bit...

from this i take what other than the obvious condensor and pulley..

and where do i put said items here??

i'll take into consideration that this picture is actually upside down ;)

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
er wait, do i even use the d series pulley?? dammit, i'm confused again... :(
Yes the D-series pulley itself is the same, but there might be some extra jiblets that hold it to the idler arm, as you can see the adjuster thing is different on the D.

OK, as for the pics...in the top one you need the long set-screw. That will feed through the hole in the lower left corner of the 2nd pic, the hole that is on an angle. Right below that part (not seen in the pic) should be another threaded hole...that is for the pivot bolt for the idler arm, so the lower hole of the idler arm (the one that has the little tab coming off that end) goes on that end. The hole on the other end of the idler is of course for the pulley.

I'm sure it's all clear now... :rolleyes

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i got all that set up, but how do i go about attaching the pulley to the arm? the bolt and nut combo won't work that came off of it, the bolt is too short to go all the way through the idler arm... that and i have no idler arm bolt yet :eek:

buuut at least i'm getting somewhere right?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, let's say i get this setup... what belt will i need?

i think i see what i need to do now.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
sounds like you're getting it...probably just need a couple pieces to cinch it up. Not sure what belt you need...I'm using an underdrive pulley, and the CRV uses a bigger-then-LS crank pulley so don't know what's best. I'd say use one of your old belts and see if it's too long or too short and by how much. That's what I did, then went to AutoZone and asked them to bring me a bunch of belts and compared them to the old one. Ended up getting the right ones in one try, and it was cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.