Discussion Starter #1
97 honda civic hx
check engine light came on again today
P0301 misfire detected cylinder 1
P0302 " " cyl. 2
P0303 " " cyl. 3
P0304 " " cyl. 4
P1300 dont know
P1399 manufacture controlled igntion system or misfire (pending code)

The spark plugs are gapped to specifications
The distributor and cap are in excellent shape
The timing is within specifications which is at 13 degrees

Still can't figure it out??? Any ideas???

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
xblackxsheepx said:
97 honda civic hx
check engine light came on again today
P0301 misfire detected cylinder 1
P0302 " " cyl. 2
P0303 " " cyl. 3
P0304 " " cyl. 4
P1300 dont know
P1399 manufacture controlled igntion system or misfire (pending code)

The spark plugs are gapped to specifications
The distributor and cap are in excellent shape
The timing is within specifications which is at 13 degrees

Still can't figure it out??? Any ideas???
did u use a scantool to pull those codes? or did u use a code reader?

ill find out wat p1300 is because P1 codes(P0 codes are generic obd2) are manufacturer specific codes and cant be picked up by code readers i believe.ill let u knoe after i go to work tommorow and use our ALLDATA

hows the car sound?? like shit? misfire arnt always ignition related...sensors(tps and map) or injectors pulse could cause it. but the thing is u should get another code from it if its one of those...try and see ur o2 sensor readings to see if its a lean or rich misfire. how do ur plugs look as well are you getting a strong spark from ur wires as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used the schools OTC handheld computer, the car sounds normal, the plugs look good, wires and plugs are a month old dont know how strong the spark is though. i havent done it but someday soon i was going to try and run a test through the computer on the O2 sensors and wahtever else it can test that sounds interesting

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
xblackxsheepx said:
i used the schools OTC handheld computer, the car sounds normal, the plugs look good, wires and plugs are a month old dont know how strong the spark is though. i havent done it but someday soon i was going to try and run a test through the computer on the O2 sensors and wahtever else it can test that sounds interesting
the OTC genisis is nice. i have that at work and the snap on brick scanner.

use a dso to test ur o2 sensor so you can not only get voltage readings but also waveforms.

if ur car runs fine i suggest clearing the codes and then drive it. obd2 codes take at least 2 trip failures to pop the code back on.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
xblackxsheepx said:
dang i got the exact same codes today and im running out of things to check

have u checked maybe its a lean fuel misfire?have u checked ur fuel? do u guys have an ignition scope at school?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
xblackxsheepx said:
i put a new cap and rotor just to do it and maybe that will solve the problem, if not fuel filter will be next
have u tried looking at ur o2 sensor readings with a DSO.

see if ur on the lean or rich side or if the sensors no good.if u have a o2 thats biased rich or lean. or switchin too slow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
car gave me codes today
PO303
PO304
P1300
tried doing the test on the oxygen sensor and the scan tool would not let me, but a ran the datastreem and it says
O1S1 .50 and the rich light was on
B1S1 14 dont know what # means
O1S2 .87 and the rich light was on
B1S2 14 dont know what # means

dont really know what any of the other numbers mean but i know that the oxygen sensors say its running rich. Dont really know waht to do or whats wrong maybe the timing is off a degree or so i think its at 13 degrees, any ideas????

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
xblackxsheepx said:
car gave me codes today
PO303
PO304
P1300
tried doing the test on the oxygen sensor and the scan tool would not let me, but a ran the datastreem and it says
O1S1 .50 and the rich light was on
B1S1 14 dont know what # means
O1S2 .87 and the rich light was on
B1S2 14 dont know what # means

dont really know what any of the other numbers mean but i know that the oxygen sensors say its running rich. Dont really know waht to do or whats wrong maybe the timing is off a degree or so i think its at 13 degrees, any ideas????
dont test with a scantool u wont get accurate readings because ur ecu could compensate. try hookin up right at the o2 sensor and use a DSO to see the waveforms. b1s1 and b1s2 is bank1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2. ur first and second o2 sensor.hmmm wats 14....?

remember the o2 has to be able to go from full rich to full lean within wat is it 10ms and has to be able to respond. if ur o2 is stuck on rich try to see if u could make it lean and drive it rich that way ull knoe ur car is still in control. if u o2 is off none of ur testings could be accurate.

test straight at the o2. no thru the scantool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts