Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a strange occurance today and was wondering if anyone ever had this problem before. As I'm driving, the cel light came on and the car would misfire when vtec would engage. I was on my way to Wally world and had planned to check the light when I got home. As I left the store the car ra. Fine, no cel or misfires. I'm kinda confused as to what happened.

Now for the specifics:
Jrsc b16 running hondata s300

When I got home, I hooked up the laptop to see if it had stored the code. But there was nothing. All sensors appeared normal. I've done a little research and saw that some people had problems with the o2 sensor but I'm not sold that the problem.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Your car was probably pissed that you were going shopping at wal-mart ;) in all seriousness, without a code stored, it could be anything from bad gas, low oil pressure, electrical anomaly with the map sensor, etc. Try to replicate the conditions again sans wal-mart and see if you can grab a code before it gets wiped.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

It ended up being a code 11 which is a code that hondata has to let the driver know that the car is running at a high temp. Thats why when i left walmart the light went off. its also in the program to severely limit the motor to prevent engine damage.

It turned out that my thermostat was stuck closed, not allowing the motor to cool properly. For shits and giggles, i also replaced the coolant temp sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts