Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Engine misfiring is a performance problem resulting from one or more cylinders failinf to fire (producing normal combustion). The engine may miss at idle, under acceleration, or at cruising speeds.

if an engine only misses at idle, for example, check the components that affect idle. If the engine has carburetor, the idle circuit may be clogged with debris. With fuel injection, possibly an injector is not opening. Fouled spark plug, open plug wire, crecked distributor cap, corroded terminals, and vacuum leak are a few other possible causes for a miss.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its your EGR valve, its clogged. Same thing happened to me, it got recalled so take it to the dealer and get it replaced for free.

·
Registered
490 Posts
xdannyx25 said:
Engine misfiring is a performance problem resulting from one or more cylinders failinf to fire (producing normal combustion). The engine may miss at idle, under acceleration, or at cruising speeds.

if an engine only misses at idle, for example, check the components that affect idle. If the engine has carburetor, the idle circuit may be clogged with debris. With fuel injection, possibly an injector is not opening. Fouled spark plug, open plug wire, crecked distributor cap, corroded terminals, and vacuum leak are a few other possible causes for a miss.

Nice cut and paste

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the light came on when i don't spray. i haven't sprayed in awhile. as for the taking to dealership thing. no can do i think my car is too modified to be covered. i was thinking that it might be the spark plugs as well. im gonna have these things checked out.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Nhanced Accord said:
the light came on when i don't spray. i haven't sprayed in awhile. as for the taking to dealership thing. no can do i think my car is too modified to be covered. i was thinking that it might be the spark plugs as well. im gonna have these things checked out.
If it is the EGR valve, since it was recalled I don't think they can deny you coverage for that even if you are modded.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Technically, Manufacturers aren't allowed to deny service or warranty or whatever EVEN if you've modified the car. There's been some Legislation against them doing that but no one ever wants to fight them on it.

You should look it up...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OneBigg40 said:
Its your EGR valve, its clogged. Same thing happened to me, it got recalled so take it to the dealer and get it replaced for free.
when this happened to you what did it feel like? how exactly did you figure out that it was the EGR valve? and if there was a recall wouldn't more people have known about this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
It was a silent recall, as in they dont tell you about it unless you take it in. Basically what happened was that at about 1800 rpms it would hesitate and the revs would flucuate about 200rpms or so, then after about 2 seconds it would be ok. After i got the valve fixed i havent had the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So you're hittin the bottle but stopped? Are you by any chance using plugs like IK20's or some other non stock temperature plugs??? If so... Remember why you got those plugs... The higher temperature would almost melt the plugs? So now you're running stock conditions and the plugs aren't hitting the self cleaning temperature so check for fouling, OR you might like this... HIT IT WITH A NICE LONG SHOT AND CLEAN THE MOTHERFU*KERS!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nhanced Accord said:
lol thats not it. and yes i stopped cuz i felt the damage on the tranny. anyways its not the plugs themselves that could be a problem unless they're bad, i had ik20s for a while. this is my second pair.
Did you check that they aren't fouled? Does your MIL go on while driving?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nhanced Accord said:
plugs foul out? these are a new set that have been sittin around. could they be a bad set?
Yep, if they don't reach their temp then they could foul very quickly... IK20's don't get enough heat to clean unless you're always spraying them or boosting them from some type of forced induction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.