Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read up on the missing link and I still dont get now it works. It says that the missing link tricks the map sensor from boost and only lets air travel in 1 way. I'm still lost haha:rolleyes:

can someone explain it in easier terms for me?? Maybe i'll learn. thanks

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
you basically got it. if the map sensor senses boost it throws a check engine light and gives too much fuel. the missing link doesn't let the mapsenser see the boost.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can make your own voltage clamp for the map for 3 bucks at Radioshack. Or waste money and buy one. I think it's an ok product. But I made my own and it works perfect. I can change the voltage to whatever I want which is nice.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
voltage clamp???? what is that?

YOu can use check valves. pet stores have them for fish tanks you you could get them in an automotive store. They all are 1 way valves.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Voltage clamp

Now after you install. You need to figure out what's your voltage cut off. Say if it's like 4.5V, set it to about 4.45. Fuel will never cut out and the pcm will never see boost. :D Works like a charm.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i can see why people just get the missing link. those supossibly take like 5 mins to install. My hondata takes care of the problem

·
Registered
928 Posts
acuradriva said:
i can see why people just get the missing link. those supossibly take like 5 mins to install. My hondata takes care of the problem
So, an E-manage will eliminate the need for the Missing Link? Is there anything like a harness for the E-manage that you need, or does it just need to be installed?

·
Registered
928 Posts
acuradriva said:
You have custom piping right, who did it for you? Maybe yourself, I was just wondering?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts