Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently put my stock intake back onto my 2000 Prelude, and I notice there's a missing pipe. Can anyone tell me how this pipe looks and where I can get it from? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
What I like to do... and it's not a huge secret... is to google your car's make and model into the images section. I typed in "2000 Honda Prelude engine". Then BA BLAM!!! You can see what it looks like. You'll need to get a vacuum hose, rubber (or silicone if you want to dress it up) hose and connect those two connections. Get a ruler, measure the width of the connection, the hose's inner diameter will need to be a little bit narrower than the outer diamter of the connection port. Make sense?

Then, 1. get a wrench and disconnect the hose clamp on the intake tube and remove the old tube remnant.
2. Put the hose clamp over the one end of the new hose but in about one inch.
3. Insert one end of the new tube where the old hose removed.
4. Slide the hose clamp back over where it should be.
5. Put the other end of the hose near the valve cover connection port. Give it a little slack and cut to size.
6. Insert the end over the connection port.

2000 Honda Prelude Manual Coupe Photo Engine - Consumer Guide Automotive

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info fartbomber. FYI, I did google and looked at the image section. The reason I came here was because when I took my car to Honda to ask for the part, This is what the guy sold me.

So when I went home to put the part in, it looked like it should be for only one hose. I googled the images but couldn't find a picture clear enough to see if the part he sold me was correct. I'm just asking to see if I'm missing something here.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Yes. That's a nice advice. Rubber hoses are used in automotive industry. A rubber hose is a flexible tube which is used to move liquids or gases. Rubber hoses are available in various sizes. Couplings are made up of metal or plastic which is connected to machines , spigots and devices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts