Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a strange question, but suspension is suspension....

I have a non honda vehicle im workin on at the moment, but im wondering...

I have KYB gas-a-just shocks on the rear, can I go putting monroe struts or other brand struts on the front without having negative feedback in the vehicle response???

im looking for KYB GR-2 struts for the front, but they're not out for teh vehicle right now at least not that i can find.

need help!!! any shock/strut advice is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
i would really recommend matching front and rear dampers. Reason being, they help to stabilize your car and if they are not matched then they will stabilize at different rates which could potentially have negative effects on handling. If this is grandmas grocery getter, then it may not matter, but I wouldn't want them mixed on my car.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kewl... to be honest this is for a trailblazer :rolleyes and i was finally able to find matching front and rear shocks same company and series. NO one has released them for this vehicle yet except a few companies and it seems that NO one can order. I was able to convince someone to let me order direct from the company. Man my long distance bill is gonna be outrageous! I had to talk to them for like 2 hours before they would sell to the "little guys". That's what they called me "the little guys". Since I wasn't buying bulk. hahaha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts