Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've forever wanted to get some HID's to make my car more driveable at night (halogen H3 55w in these Denji projectors is equivalent to two mag-lites). Sadly enough my friend's larger maglite next to my headlights.. looks almost as if it's brighter.

I decided, eh what the hell, I'll try my luck at ebay and I dropped $145 shipped for this set of MKS H3 6000k. I was expecting something kinda cheap and not so nice feeling but I must say upon opening the box i was surprised. The ballasts are very heavy duty, come with a few different mounting brackets and the connectors all have the GM style weather locking. The ballasts themselves have many different protection circuits in them to help keep them idiot proof. If you flip the lights on and off a few times to fast they shut down for a short period so you don't blow them up. If you wire them in backwards... they won't blow up. And overall I have yet to see such nice waterproofing, i'd even go so far as to sink it in water to see what happens... but i rather not try it.

The previous owner of the car had already purchased the aftermarket integration harnesses for the stock wiring so I just clipped that and put some isulated male spades on the headlight side and females on the car source side. That way I can easily plug in my HID's and if I must.. or if there is a problem, I can hook up regular halogens within minutes.

The install overall was very smooth, but that also comes with mobile electronics install experience. Took a matter of a few cans of dr pepper and about 25 mins and the wiring looks better than anything else under my hood.

Light output? About 3 times as bright as what I had... the Denji's just have a shitty cutoff line, but it's not that horrid. I have them properly aimed and drove around for about 45 mins... no cop trouble and nobody flashed me. The color is just like a brand new acura, maybe a little more white.

They warm up decently fast, and the ballasts are not loud at all. Overall I am extremely satisfied so far, I will post pics soon just too tired to do it tonight.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talk about thread revival... I can't even find those on ebay anymore. I am still rocking the same set though in my 97 CL that I have now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts