·
Registered
10,384 Posts
need at least 1 to burn the data too.

personally, i would get a burner that can do it on the fly

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
for some reason i was thinking the ostrich was just the eeprom burner, not the emulator :bash

i'm not sure it will actually take the place of a chip though, that may be something you want to go to pgmfi to look for [or ask].

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
talk to mr moates himself bro like I did. By the time I buy all that crap im gotta be punching my own balls for not getting a hondata. And thats not a good feeling but I will. lol

You can do it your way too.... But you dont have to. Thats all im saying..

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
imburne said:
talk to mr moates himself bro like I did. By the time I buy all that crap im gotta be punching my own balls for not getting a hondata. And thats not a good feeling but I will. lol

You can do it your way too.... But you dont have to. Thats all im saying..
Hondata over rated...very badly..
My buddy happens to work for moates, Chipping your ecu is goin to cost you roughly 25-50 bucks,
The ostrich itself is like 170
Crome = Free

And its updatible, on top of that crome pro for 150 does everything hondata does+ MORE

Look into how much it'll actually cost rather then just assuming..its not alot..

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
9400rpms said:
My buddy happens to work for moates, Chipping your ecu is goin to cost you roughly 25-50 bucks,
Crome = Free

And its updatible, on top of that crome pro for 150 does everything hondata does+ MORE

Look into how much it'll actually cost rather then just assuming..its not alot..
the costs will end up being about equal either way. the only reason to go with a diy setup is to save on preofessional tuning costs, which they should do.

actually, now that i think about it, to diy tune you also need the wbo2 so that bumps the price of diy well over a used hondata setup.. until you pay to tune it.

and you can tune it yourself with hondata as well. find the program throught a torrent or p2p filesharing probably.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
9400rpms said:
Crome = Free

so you're going to sit here and tell someone that a diy setup that's going to initially cost $225 plus the cost of tuning (assuming he doesn't pay the $150 for crome pro which IMO is overrated..$375) is cheaper than a used s200? you're out of your effing mind retard. hell, a brand new s200 base is $295 and at $75/hour on the dyno + tuning that would still save money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.