Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be honest i have a few questions, one of them is more of an opinion question. the rest are engine things.

1) i've been pricing out parts and i don't wether to put the money into my suspension or into rebuilding my engine, which should i do first?

2) where would be the best place to get a set of jdm b16(p30) pistons.(what car were these engines put in?)

3) if i were to put in the b16 pistons and then put in a set of BC stage cams would i need to mill the pistons to clear the valves?

4) what would anybody recomend as a good amount to mill a b18 non vtec head down?

Thanx for the advice and help.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
To be honest i have a few questions, one of them is more of an opinion question. the rest are engine things.

1) i've been pricing out parts and i don't wether to put the money into my suspension or into rebuilding my engine, which should i do first?

2) where would be the best place to get a set of jdm b16(p30) pistons.(what car were these engines put in?)

3) if i were to put in the b16 pistons and then put in a set of BC stage cams would i need to mill the pistons to clear the valves?

4) what would anybody recomend as a good amount to mill a b18 non vtec head down?

Thanx for the advice and help.
If you search youll find many people who have done the CTR swap, but they bump your compressoin up pretty high, so why would you want to mill your head when youd be getting cams with a bigger lift anyway. If anything just get a smaller HG.

Click here too..Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks

· Registered
4,633 Posts
What are your goals?

Once you start down the road to going all motor, you're going to be committed. If power is your main goal, this is not the way to go. If a mild street all motor build is what you want to keep up with RSX-S's, Civic Si's, GTI's etc, then you can go the route of all motor B18B. A huge B18B all motor build is going to top out at around 195whp for about 4 times the cost as a 300whp turbo build.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
What are your goals?

Once you start down the road to going all motor, you're going to be committed. If power is your main goal, this is not the way to go. If a mild street all motor build is what you want to keep up with RSX-S's, Civic Si's, GTI's etc, then you can go the route of all motor B18B. A huge B18B all motor build is going to top out at around 195whp for about 4 times the cost as a 300whp turbo build.
Lol...On high Octane right? i wonder how it would be DDing.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
No, not really. A B18B can hit 195whp on 11:1 with great tuning, worked head, great cams, and excellent bolt-ons. You could also make 12:1 streetable if the motor just isn't making big numbers. I'm pretty confident I could hit 195 with 11:1 and slightly larger cams with a full bolt-on makeover (minus my Icebox).

But, I've gone as far as I want with all motor. Next step is to dial out my overlap and get some boost running through that motor. I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to my DD, so I'll be replacing the pistons/rods with forged parts good to 550-600whp, and I'm only planning on running 250whp ish on the street with a GT28 or maybe slightly smaller. If I can figure out how to get two unique maps on my ECU, I'll crank up the boost for fun at the track. Anywho, enough about me...:ninja

· Registered
41 Posts
But, I've gone as far as I want with all motor. Next step is to dial out my overlap and get some boost running through that motor. I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to my DD, so I'll be replacing the pistons/rods with forged parts good to 550-600whp, and I'm only planning on running 250whp ish on the street with a GT28 or maybe slightly smaller. If I can figure out how to get two unique maps on my ECU, I'll crank up the boost for fun at the track. Anywho, enough about me...:ninja
Would you consider selling those cams? I'd love to try a set in my B20b that I'm working on getting into my car.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Would you consider selling those cams? I'd love to try a set in my B20b that I'm working on getting into my car.
If I, Swifty, or Brian Wall couldn't dial out the cams enough, and I needed to go back to stock, yea I'd probably sell them. Depends where I end up after I finish up University here in Windsor this fall. I really don't want to have to settle for Winnipeg lol....no automotive engineering jobs, just a few aeronautical that I'd be interested in...but I doubt they're looking for new graduates in these times. I'll keep it in mind though. These cams are pretty cheap on Auto & truck performance parts & aftermarket car parts from HorsepowerFreaks. Also not that expensive on the Brian Crower website, but they kill you on the shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.