Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M3 has Cams, redone exhaust from the headers back, and ecu-work.

Still gets walked. The 01 Z06s put out 385hp. M3 in question is putting down 305rwhp, and, per the owner of the vette, has spent quite a bit of cash to get it to the current level. Not a big surprise, considering it weighs more than the vette.

http://pictureman.net/chevypower/

Its at the top.

Thought I'd share.

Imagine what the 405HP vette would do...not to mention the new C6 Z05 coming out.

wowzers.

Just posting since I know lots of people think the M3 can put up a fight against a Z06..LOL

Reactions: aitkenstyle

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
lOOkatme said:

Still gets walked. The 01 Z06s put out 385hp. M3 in question is putting down 305rwhp, and, per the owner of the vette, has spent quite a bit of cash to get it to the current level. Not a big surprise, considering it weighs more than the vette.

http://pictureman.net/chevypower/

Its at the top.

Thought I'd share.

Imagine what the 405HP vette would do...not to mention the new C6 Z05 coming out.

wowzers.

Just posting since I know lots of people think the M3 can put up a fight against a Z06..LOL

hell yeah, nice find there andyson

·
Registered
849 Posts
god i love the m3, but shit thats a fast corvette!! but i would STILL take the m3 cause it LOOKS SOOOOOOO SEXY!!!!!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
lOOkatme said:

wowzers.

with all the mods on that m3, it probably does put around 305rwhp. but, e46 m3s are not that responsive to mods. i don't understand why the owner changed the cams, when the cams on an e46 m3 are already top notch and give out good enough power. hell, they rev til 8000rpm redline.

anyways, it didn't surprise me that the z06 was gonna walk the m3 w/ those mods. the m3 does weigh much more and the S54 engines are already maxed out as it is with thier 11.5:1 compression ratio.

·
Registered
575 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
with all the mods on that m3, it probably does put around 305rwhp. but, e46 m3s are not that responsive to mods. i don't understand why the owner changed the cams, when the cams on an e46 m3 are already top notch and give out good enough power. hell, they rev til 8000rpm redline.

anyways, it didn't surprise me that the z06 was gonna walk the m3 w/ those mods. the m3 does weigh much more and the S54 engines are already maxed out as it is with thier 11.5:1 compression ratio.

why 305hp? i thought they have 343hp stock ... :confused ....are there weaker versions in america than over here in europe? ...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
ToyoRacer said:
why 305hp? i thought they have 343hp stock ... :confused ....are there weaker versions in america than over here in europe? ...
if you noticed, i put RWHP after 305. i didn't mean BHP. you're right, they do have 343 bhp, but that's only everywhere outside of the US. in the US we have a 10 bhp weaker engine w/ 333 bhp. calculating a 17% drivetrain loss, thats 276.4 RWHP.

·
Registered
575 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
if you noticed, i put RWHP after 305. i didn't mean BHP. you're right, they do have 343 bhp, but that's only everywhere outside of the US. in the US we have a 10 bhp weaker engine w/ 333 bhp. calculating a 17% drivetrain loss, thats 276.4 RWHP.

sorry haven't seen the RWHP ... :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts