Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a d16y8 with i/h/e, pulleys, and a jet ecu. i dont want a any type of f/i, dont ask me why. what other mods could i do to get more power out of my engine. camshaft, gear, vafc....? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
167 Posts
the two that I can think of right now are high flow cat and underdrive pully's. If you are willing to do some internal work you can put a6 pistons in.

·
Registered
396 Posts
try looking into fuel system modifications.... fpr, high flow pump/injectors.... it'll cost you gas mileage, but there's definitely power to be gained.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
The Y8 is one of the better d-series engines. The manifold runners are good in length and diameter and overall its a really well balanced engine. You can pick up a H22 throttle body for starters. This should help a little and wont cost too much. Then you can look into getting an aftermarket camshaft and cam gear. There are a few companys that make regrinds for D-series, so look into that. Top it off w/ a port and polish along with some lighter vavle springs and you'll see some nice gains. OR you can buy a pre-packaged deal from a company like Gude. The package usually includes a regrind cam, TB, port and polish, ECU and a few other MISC things.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Porting, pistons, and cam are where all the power lies with an all-motor setup. You might also consider a good LSD unit for the tranny if you plan to make some power in there. You can build an all-motor Y8 properly tuned that can put down over 160hp atw, which is as much as a Type-R transplant for a fraction of the cost.

What year is your car? Do you have a Y8 swap in an older car or do you have a 96-up EX? I am interested in finding out about the Jet ECU and what applications there are for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts