Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where should i start guys. i have a red 1997 del sol s. and i want to start modding it out. want it to be fast pretty much but with the money i got thats not going to happen so no motor mods. should i lower it and put some rims on it. or a system or idk im so lost with it right now i want to do everything and i have no money. i got an idea you all should give me like a grand yes thats it you all give me a grand sweet then my car will be phat

·
Registered
406 Posts
well a new stereo definately isnt going to make your car faster. my sol came with a really nice set up (clarion head with kenwoods all way around, plus tweeters on the pillars and behind the seats above the rear speakers) but i never even hardly listen to it. i actually prefer just listening to the engine. even on my last car which was a geo, i didnt have a radio but i loved just hearing the engine rev, i guess im car crazy lol...anyways, you can always just do the basics like the intake, headers and exhaust, i dont think thats going to make your car explode with power but its better then nothing.
you also have to think about the winters too, seeing your in wisconsin if you drive it in the winter i wouldnt lower it too much unless you want to use it as a snow plow.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Well, still get a manual(best money you can spend) and give it a full tune-up. You could drop in a K&N air filter, it'd give you better gas mileage and the engine makes a nice deep growl when you step on the gas.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
cars aint everything man. if you dont have the $, i wouldnt waste what you have. a S model isnt goin to be that fast on your budget. but if you still wanna mod it, i'd say a cai, or maybe some black wheels with the chrome lip, depending what color sol you have. IMO just keep saving.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so not to be a ricer i need a motor to back it up or whats the deal. i love bodykits makes the car look real nice i just want a clean body kit no decales or anything a soild one color paint job i want it lowerd and a dec motor i can turbo. right now the sol is all i got on my mind.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
stu89 said:
btw i love your car if thats it in the picture the rims really look good i like it
it WAS my car...like a MORON, I sold it when I moved, instead of keeping it :mad but I'm working on getting another one, but I'm in Alaska right now and I don't see many sols at all! I currently have an 02 GT eclipse...it's cool and all but I'd rather have something else. but anyways, I don't know of too many ppl who've boosted the motor that comes in the S model sol so I wouldn't tell you to go that route. At least get yourself a d16z6 swap in good running order and what not, and you could be pushing 200whp once boosted all stock. If that's what you wanted to do with no rebuilding of the motor, that is not getting forged internals so you could handle more boost. Either way you'd be ok. If you wanna stick with the motor you got and boost it, then go for it. And by don't be a ricer I meant, stay away from the dumb decals they get, apc stuff...that ish is funny, and getting body kits, installing them and driving around with multi colored bumpers and shit bc you're too broke to afford paint...or the MUFFLERS that ricers love to get that make their cars sound like buzzing bees, and they act like their car is bad ass bc of that :lmao just don't be like that, PLEASE!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
ive said this before but my friend has the 1.5 nonvtec turboed in a hatch....feels as fast as my 210whp did in my sol...that is with a completely stock motor

his set up would probably cost about 1500

or you could by a kit from greddy....you can find those for a lil more than 1k...and they make like 160whp (i think)...which is a big dif from what you have now...

in regards to your other question i would say buy some nice looking stock wheels from a dif car and some lowering springs and you would be looking good pretty cheap

·
Registered
485 Posts
i sold my auto s for a stang 5spd....i just gotta have the 5spd

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
soul 93 said:
ive said this before but my friend has the 1.5 nonvtec turboed in a hatch....feels as fast as my 210whp did in my sol...that is with a completely stock motor

his set up would probably cost about 1500

or you could by a kit from greddy....you can find those for a lil more than 1k...and they make like 160whp (i think)...which is a big dif from what you have now...

in regards to your other question i would say buy some nice looking stock wheels from a dif car and some lowering springs and you would be looking good pretty cheap
my bad, I must've read over that...well that sounds kosher. if it was me I'd wanna boost the z6 over what he has now. but that's just me.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Think of it this way. If you saw someone with all that physical appearance stuff done to their car and you pulled up next to them you'd think they'd be fast and want to challenge them. It's going to be a bitch to have to crap out everytime cuz you're stock. The ladies might like it, but will soon find out you don't have any balls. There was this guy on Speed Logic who had a 1.5 who was pushing out like 400+hp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.