Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car is a 92 si.
when i got the car the moonroof didnt work to well to begin with, it would only go about half-way back.
but now recently it stopped working at all.
i hear the motor cranking but the roof wont slide back or pop up, it doesnt move at all.
i have no idea how to fix this.
ive taken a look at it and i kinda saw the mechanics of it, saw a spring on each side but other than that im clueless.
anyone have any experience with moonroofs and how to fix them or even how to get to the motor and other mechanical parts?
ide rather fix it on my own if i can.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
pwrdbykmfdm said:
car is a 92 si.
when i got the car the moonroof didnt work to well to begin with, it would only go about half-way back.
but now recently it stopped working at all.
i hear the motor cranking but the roof wont slide back or pop up, it doesnt move at all.
i have no idea how to fix this.
ive taken a look at it and i kinda saw the mechanics of it, saw a spring on each side but other than that im clueless.
anyone have any experience with moonroofs and how to fix them or even how to get to the motor and other mechanical parts?
ide rather fix it on my own if i can.

kick it

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
civic_racer93 said:
I have to push on mine most of the time for it to open. It closes just fine though.
got the same problem...but when it closes, fuse burnt out a few times :confused

·
Registered
2 Posts
moonroof opens but doesnt close..

I have the same dilemma for a 95 civic ex...it opens fine and such and dont believe it needs lubing...the motor seems to work and im not sure if its a relay kind of weird that it really struggles to close i have to help it at times..anyone have any suggestions..(1) to get a replacment motor than get raped by the dealer..(2) god i pray for a relay...

any help i would appreciate it alot..

:eek

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
tunaguy said:
I have the same dilemma for a 95 civic ex...it opens fine and such and dont believe it needs lubing...the motor seems to work and im not sure if its a relay kind of weird that it really struggles to close i have to help it at times..anyone have any suggestions..(1) to get a replacment motor than get raped by the dealer..(2) god i pray for a relay...

any help i would appreciate it alot..

:eek
sounds like the motor is just tired. try looking in a junk yard or somthing, about the only place to find one cheap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts