Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

So what will it be.

• Turbo Kit

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Supercharger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GSR Block, CTR Pistons, Header, and n2O.

Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea so I got 99 si. Right now it's in the shop geting an OEM Front end, and a Carbon Fiber Hood.. Well since this is my DD, I want it to have a little bit more pep, I'm not looking for a full out race, but something more faster... turbo whould be nice but its costly.. and I want to keep my car clean,(Intercooler is too much attention.) Supercharger might get the job done.. but that whining sound it makes is gay.. My other options are a GSR block with CTR Pistons, a good Header, ITR Cams, and maybe a 50shot of n2O. :bomb IDK but sometimes I wish I got a EK hatch... friggin Si's are heavy.. So any suggestions??

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'd say a DIY turbo kit, and paint the intercooler black. The supercharger is a nice simple way to add some HP without much modification. I guess it depends on what you are shooting for as a goal. 170-180? 200? 250? You'll have to more clearly define "pep" for anybody to give you a solid answer. And mention how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmm h22 sounds good... but my eninge is healthy right now, only 52000 miles on it.. I'm shooting for a low 14 maybe high 13's... that whould put my si up agianst stock mustangs, and maybe a ITR.. and very streetable. My budget is around 3k.. Also I forgot to mention I just installed a ACT Racing Clutch. Now turbo whould be kinda of a waste of money for my si, It's just to heavy.. If I was aiming for 12's or lower then I whould just buy a EF or EK Hatch and boost the craph out of it...

·
Registered
842 Posts
OK wait...let me get this straight. So you're saying a turbo, which will by far give you more potential power than a supercharger, is pointless for your car because it's so heavy, but an engine swap is out of the question since your engine is good?

That leaves you with hopes and dreams I think? Or a shitload of nitrous. Your car might be heavy but it's not a pig. A good homemade turbo setup will knock you in well under 3 grand and you'll have plenty of power for your daily needs.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actualy its about the same weight ofa GSR... 2800 pounds.. I was also thinking about a Frank engine. maybe a LS/VTEC or CRVTEC... done right of course....I'm kinda of ruling out turbo right now... becuase of budget.. I will keep that for my next build.. an ef turbo hatch. :p

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
fuckin boost son - a turbo has the most potential out of all those options considering a lower budget

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea LS/VTEC sounds like a nice way to go.. then when I'm done paying it off.. In two years hopefully, I will boost. it. Why nobody picking the poor man's type R?? I heard they put down some good numbers..and it's more reliable then a Frank enigne..

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soda18 said:
yea LS/VTEC sounds like a nice way to go.. then when I'm done paying it off.. In two years hopefully, I will boost. it. Why nobody picking the poor man's type R?? I heard they put down some good numbers..and it's more reliable then a Frank enigne..
lsvtec/crvtec=frank engine. they put down great numbers, more tq than a type R and a better flowing head. it just isnt as reliable. www.inlinefour.com sells oil flow kits for specifically these hybrids. checkem out if youre interested. as far as paying it off, there isnt much to pay. just dont beat the shit out of it if you make one. b18b blocks werent designed to rev towards 8k or so.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i think you should do the gs-r swap, because if you end up not likeing the engine cause of the speed, then pop a turbo on that, and walaaaa, you have double the horse power you would of had with the stock engine turboed. plus your engine "stock" might not be to reliable if you put a turbo on it if it has some miles on it, or if its has some wear and tear.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Slipjack said:
Maybe I misunderstood. But did you say the car wasn't paid off?

If not, don't do anything at all until it is.
you did misunderstand. he said he might turbo a ls/vtec motor when he paid it off..

...it- being the lsvtec

OH SNAP! my cwnt of pwsts = teh 1337. thats uber leet. maybe it means that i=teh 1337 uber haxorz?

i better go into teh sleepz so i have this count of psts 4 a l0ng timez cause super haxz am i. :ninja

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
boost it man.. paint the front mount black, or get a sidemount even.. run 7-8psi, would throw you easily to the 200's with a good tune.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol I got no warrenty.. so I can do w/e I want with the Car...I think I've made my mind... and i'm going with poor man's type R AKA.. b16 Head, GSR Block,.... and throw in some ITR Pistons in their... then next year I will boost it lightly at 7-10psi.. any body done a poor man's type R? What parts are needed and dose everything bolt up easily??

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
eh if you build it for boost, i wouldnt reccomend ITR pistons.. high compression + boost = detonation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.