Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

More Questions!!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  lOOkatme 
#1 ·
1.) What is dampening?

&

2.) Bushing?

#2 ·
dampening is suppressing the harmonic motion of a spring. its the job of a shock/strut.

A bushing is a piece of material that is put inbetween 2 other moving items to control movement. using a different material can increase/decrease the amount of freeplay.

#4 ·
True coilovers have a threaded shock that the spring sits on. It is one unit. Coilover sleeves are just threaded metal tubes that slide over a shock and sit on the perch.

#6 ·
Black Knight said:
Any downsides to coilover sleeves as opposed to true coilovers? I'd like the adjustability, and the prices for sleeves are a lot cheaper.
sleeves have free play in them. when you jack the car up the wheel naturally falls down...since coilover sleeve springs are so short you can move the spring freely with your hand up and down. Now I had skunk2 coilovers and when you come off inclines the wheel just chills in the air...actually lifts off the ground. I don't recommend getting sleeves. True coilovers have a helper spring that pushes it back down to the ground...thats OK....I recommend getting springs and shocks....or full coilovers with helper springs if you need the height adjustability.

great combo's
H&R sport or race springs
Neuspeed sport or race springs

shocks
KYB AGX adj or Koni Yellow's

I am running H&R race springs with KYB AGX adj shocks

I will get a camber kit soon...I know ingall camber kits have problems with clearence form other members and will get progress or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.