Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had this prob for a while now when i pull away hard in 1st and then go to change to 2nd its dam near imposable at ne more than 5krpm. Then when coming down the box 2nd is just as hard as it is going up unless im at almost a stand still. when i am at a standstill i can change gear wit me little finger i have just changed the fluid, i had a look at the linkage which looked ok when i fitted a short shifter 2 weeks ago i even tried double clutching ne ideas im thinking maybe clutch while im asking questions which tb should i go for i looked at the spoon 70mm but i dont know weather that will fit if it wont what da you guys recomend

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I had broken engine mounts in my old CRX that made shifting hard because it was pushing the tranny down

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
if the mounts aren't bad try putting gm/penzoil sychromesh fluid in the tranny. sychronizers could be going bad...but theres also a slew of other things that might be wrong before those...

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
try bleeding the clutch.
check the motor mounts. if none of that works then the synchros are probably gone.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I agree, I would take it some where to have it checked out before you do anything else.. Who know's, you might get lucky!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts