Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just picked up a 98 Turbo GSR. It has a Greddy BSeries Bolt on kit w/ a intercooler and Greddy Type S BOV and stock internals. I juss read on some sticky that you need to tune the it before you run it. It hasn't been tuned since it's been bolted on to my knowledge would that be a problem. Also, What precautions should I take while driving a turbo'd vehicle? Supposedly you need to let the engine idle for at least 30 seconds before turning it off. Any others? I don't want to blow my turbo or engine =].

·
Registered
38 Posts
the car should be tuned with some sort of engine management system(preferably hondata, AEM EMS, maybe VAFC with low boost) odds are it has some kind of engine management, piggyback computer, if not look into buying one and having it tuned on a dyno... IF youve been driving hard, its good to let the car idle, to protect the turbos internals, look into a turbo timer, it will do this for you.. HKS and GREDDY make some nice ones...hope i helped

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
doesn't the greddy kit come with a seperate engine mangement thing with the kit. The Greddy Blue Box or something like that. It's pre-tuned from greddy, but if you picked up hondata, uberdata, crome, aem ems, neptune, and get it actually tuned, you will more than likely pick up some more horsepower.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Greddy kits of old came with the blue box and now they come with an emanage which both suck major wood. The ems that comes with the greddy kit runs pig rich and they void ur warranty if u try to tune it (u would have to break a seal on the emanage). I guess its to protect the average guy that doesnt know much from blowing his motor, but if u have the entire kit then i take it ur running the emanage which is tuned from factory.
Live with it till u save some money for a hondata.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.