Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres some more problems with my harness :bash

1. there are two sensors, one next to and one above the oil filter..
---One has 1 wire going to it (yellow-Red) which is above the filter, and the other has two wires going to it (Yellow-green, Blck)..They are all male plugs on both sensors but what are they for?..I had to disconnect them because two wires were extended with speaker wire (beside not being soldered) and they also didn't connect tight :mad

2. in that harness with those two plugs, and also with wires going to the alternator, there is a connector (Blck-yellow, Blue). This is just hanging there, not connected to anything. Does anyone know where this goes.

If you need pics i will take them, just let me know.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? if one is a knock (single wire) what would the other one be?

just got another manual today so im trying to reorganize it

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the one wire is an oil pressure switch so now im on to the other one

glad to find out my oil pressure which was disconnected now instead of later:eek2

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have ZERO knowledge of wiring, or else i would help out, but maybe someone who knows something may turn up randomly and help, good luck with it and keep working, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so there 2 ECT sensors?? i kno the 1 was below, either the upper or lower rad hoses.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
or mayb 1 is for ecu inputs and the others for the gauge alone..mmm i guess that obdo for ya

so wut about this mysterious connector around them?? (behind the throttle body, between that and the firewall)

·
Registered
417 Posts
well heres some more problems with my harness :bash

1. there are two sensors, one next to and one above the oil filter..
---One has 1 wire going to it (yellow-Red) which is above the filter, and the other has two wires going to it (Yellow-green, Blck)..They are all male plugs on both sensors but what are they for?..I had to disconnect them because two wires were extended with speaker wire (beside not being soldered) and they also didn't connect tight :mad

2. in that harness with those two plugs, and also with wires going to the alternator, there is a connector (Blck-yellow, Blue). This is just hanging there, not connected to anything. Does anyone know where this goes.

If you need pics i will take them, just let me know.
single wire connector with yellow/red wire is for the oil pressure sensor

2-wire connector with yellow/green and black wires is for the cooling fan switch which turns on the radiator fan when coolant gets up to operating temperature

2-wire connector with black/yellow and blue wires is for the Fast Idle Control Valve on the back of the 89-91 Si D16A6 intake manifold (picture below) - 88 Si does not have the FIVC

the coolant temp sensor for the ECU is on the end of the head below the distributor - has 2-wire connector with red/white and green/white wires

the coolant temp sensor for the temp gauge is also on the end of the head below the distributor - has 1-wire connector with yellow/green wire

Attachments

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
single wire connector with yellow/red wire is for the oil pressure sensor

2-wire connector with yellow/green and black wires is for the cooling fan switch which turns on the radiator fan when coolant gets up to operating temperature

2-wire connector with black/yellow and blue wires is for the Fast Idle Control Valve on the back of the 89-91 Si D16A6 intake manifold (picture below) - 88 Si does not have the FIVC

the coolant temp sensor for the ECU is on the end of the head below the distributor - has 2-wire connector with red/white and green/white wires

the coolant temp sensor for the temp gauge is also on the end of the head below the distributor - has 1-wire connector with yellow/green wire

thnx soo much. theres a single yellow- green wire thats just hanging there somewhat near the distributor, which is probably why my gauge dont work. why would they add a FICV to car the doesnt have it?..maybe to be able to interchange harnesses easier or somethin. i just have to re-solder and connect evrything and im good..for now..

·
Registered
417 Posts
why would they add a FICV to car the doesnt have it?
the FICV only works to boost the idle slightly when ambient air temperature is below -10C (14F) - probably added in 89 as a better design - 88 Si had a dashpot control solenoid on the firewall, right next to the purge solenoid and MAP sensor, which accomplished the same thing by opening the throttle plate slightly when cold - the FICV just does the same thing but instead of opening the throttle plate, it creates a small vacuum leak which causes the idle to go up

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i cant seem to find the coolant sensor sending unit..maybe its not there...

my engines pretty dirty so what looks like holes could be globs of grease and vice versa

·
Registered
417 Posts
i cant seem to find the coolant sensor sending unit..maybe its not there...

my engines pretty dirty so what looks like holes could be globs of grease and vice versa
it is right under the distributor - pretty close to the bottom of it between the distributor attaching arms - just above the sensor for the ECU with the 2-wire connector on it - see picture

Attachments

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i found it, for some reason i wasnt thnkin of a 1 plug connector but yea its small but its there. and upon further inspection there are more BARE WIRES, going to the distributor..so i have like 4 or 5 wires to fix all together

i hate when people put out half the effort...one way or another someone else pays for it in the end

1 - 13 of 13 Posts