Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what is the most sleeperish looking and sexy sounding exhaust is in everyone's opinion! i need one soon and im going for the "sleeper" look!

Help me out Homies :p

Holla

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
nfscg said:
for sleeper i would have to say, rsr's ex mag
:stupid :nod, has a nice tone to it too

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i heard about the rusting problem too :td not too sure if i wanna get wrapped up in that!! any more? post pics too, i wanna see some SEXEH eg's with sleeper style exhaust!!

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Apexi WS is .....kinda sleeper.

I love mine...but I'm gonna go with some 2.5 or 3'' piping later on for turbo.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WS is kinda sleeper is the muffler really noticeable tho from the back?
why is everyone going with 3 inch piping for turbo?
wut would be wrong with catback 2.25?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
94Civic_R said:
WS is kinda sleeper is the muffler really noticeable tho from the back?
why is everyone going with 3 inch piping for turbo?
wut would be wrong with catback 2.25?
WS is noticeable but it doesn't really look like.....fast. It just looks clean, with more subtle stock styling...I mean u can see from the pics

And 2.25'' isn't good for turbo.....with a turbo...bigger is always better. Bigger exhaust improves spool times and gives a lot of top end.

Some people are actually using 4'' exhaust now for just a turbo 1.6 liter.

You want a really low pressure on the exhaust side and high pressure on the turbine side so that the pressure difference spins the turbo up faster.....also you want as little restriction as possible after the turbo because the turbo itself is already a huge exhaust restriction on the engine

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got a pic of those?

never seen them!!
show me some pics guys!!!
WS looks good, i need a sleeper exhaust tho..
so show me some pics guys :p

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks man.. dont reallylike the huge muffler tho.. any others...

btw.. im fuckin crunk right now.. sorry guys :|

i moving out of my condo and i decided to get crunk so me n my gf are sharing a 40.. and were sauced :(

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Why do you want a sleeper exhaust?

Your car is so clean and nice lookin you should get something classy.

BTW I am kinda drunk too.

I took some vicodin for my TMJ and had a couple brews. Gotta relax before I start on my term paper tomorrow.
:)

·
Registered
377 Posts

don't know if this is any good, but it seems like it sounds nice

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
well what are your goals too?

The Apexi WS is awesome for just daily driving and mild bolt ons like I/H/E, maybe a decent cam and some tuning.

But if u are planning on putting out over 200 hp or so I'd say get something else.

I'll sell you my WS2 if u want...it's only 6 months old or so...and for the past 3 months my car has been just sitting because of my DUI!! :( stupid me

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
personally i like dual tip mufflers, i don't like big single tips and if you get the right kind, the dual tips almost look like they could have come stock. the problem is that for civics you can't get a full cat-back system with dual tips unless you get one of the cheap brands. the best way to do it is to just get a good universal muffler and get the piping done by a shop.

here's a pic of mine just for a reference.

my muffler is an OBX-R, it's got a 2.5" inlet. don't know the exact size of the outlets on the tips though. soundwise, it can be pretty hard to carry on a conversation at highway speeds (especially with back seat passengers), but it's still not as loud as many exhausts that i've seen.

props to a fellow horizon grey by the way! :number1

1 - 20 of 39 Posts