Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
water was sucked through the intake on my 89 rex and into the top end of the motor and it aint runnin no more, is there a way to fix the top end and not do a motor swap. it got into the fuel system. let know ASAP

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you sucked a good bit of water up in there you more than likely destroyed the pistons and bend the rods also. I'd look into it more then let us know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have you taken your plugs out and turned the motor over to "squirt" water out? Do an oil change and get the water/oil mixture out. You'll have to purge the fuel sytem somehow, maybe take the fuel filter off and put the car in the on (not crank) position to get the fuel pump working. I say this and just realized it's an 89 CRX so I'm honestly not familiar with the fuel system on it. With enough dryin out and carb cleaner, dry spark plugs and there's no major valve damage you should be able to get some kind of compression maybe even run. Get a compression check done and if you get it running get a leakdown test done. Did the same thing to my D16y8, finally got the motor to run with low compression on #3 cylinder (bent rod/wrist pin) and has held up for 3 months with a real nasty noise. But I got a motor setting at the shop &
"I'm in debt up to my eyeballs"
Good luck

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Hope you didn't bend any rods. It really all depends on how much water you got in there, how fast it got in there, and what RPM/power the engine was running at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts