Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long live SOHC power!

im getting my motor finally built after realizing I can't trust myself (being i lack the tools) in building my motor.

Well here is my new setup that will be installed in about a week.

CP 9:1 .20 overbore pistons
Eagle Rods
ACL bearings
Zex Cam
Crower Valvesprings and retainers
AEM cam gear
ARP head studs
port and polished d16y8 head with port matched y8 intake manifold
hondata intake manifold gasket
ported matched bmc race manifold
T3 60 trim turbo w/ 2.5 (hopefully 3) inch downpipe
tial 38mm wastegate

gonna run obd2 to obd1 conversion harness and a p28 ecu tuned with Neptune fuel management (which i've heard is a million times better than uberdata)

i'm hoping to hit 300 whp somehow (cross your fingers)

don't ask me how much i spent now :cry

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kommon_sense said:
how are you going to tune the neptune? Last time I checked, they were not giving the tuning software out. You had to go to their shop to get it tuned. So unless you live in PA, that could be an issue... Nothing wrong with uberdata.
Boosted-hybrid has it and he is about an hour from me ;)

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Ahh, sounds good.

And Im surprised about hearing of Neptune. Eg told me after calling thier shop for a dyno session and I got the details. Sounds like a wicked management system.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
yeah jeff evans is the man! as soon as i get some extra cashi im ditching uberdata for neptune. the program has a barometric pressure sensor in it. so it will automatically adjust its self according to the weather. neptune is deff a good choice to go with...

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Yup and thanks James for the pieced out greddy turbo kit youre selling me :D . NowI just have to find a place to rebuild that turbo. Then time to finish my internals :)

Oh yeah whats up SHO its been a while.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
You mean .020 overbore?? .20 over is like 5mm, haha.. that's HUGE.

Nonetheless, sounds like a sweet setup, can't wait to see the results. :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
egvtec said:
yeah jeff evans is the man! as soon as i get some extra cashi im ditching uberdata for neptune. the program has a barometric pressure sensor in it. so it will automatically adjust its self according to the weather. neptune is deff a good choice to go with...
neptune is only 100 bucks plus the cost of the tune ($400) and has other features like TRACTION CONTROL :D :D :D (well they say its coming soon)

also they give you a "digital dashboard" when you're done tuning so you can datalog with a laptop (which i have too ;) )

97CIVICoupe said:
You mean .020 overbore?? .20 over is like 5mm, haha.. that's HUGE.

Nonetheless, sounds like a sweet setup, can't wait to see the results. :)
sorry for the typo :mad

for the features of neptune, check here
http://www.hrtuning.com/index.php?page=neptunefeatures

·
Registered
16 Posts
What are you doing for fuel? You'll probably need to run 15psi or so to hit the 300 at the wheels. Have you considered sub-injectors?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dashimono said:
What are you doing for fuel? You'll probably need to run 15psi or so to hit the 300 at the wheels. Have you considered sub-injectors?

i am ordering 650 cc rc injectors today.
have an inline fuel pump...

also i bought a new turbo manifold for the project, and equal length :clap :clap :clap :clap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts