Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, my accord has been drinking oil like a pig lately, I apparently have a leak someplace. My theory is someplace down below.. ya know, because of the gravity thing... Well anyways, depending on what it is, I'm curious about possibly just nabbing one of those F22's off ebay that have that "estimated" 40 - 60k miles. Anyone ever buy one of these or hear of any success / horror stories? This motor has close to 140k on it now.. so it's kinda beyond the change motor marker - esp if i decide to turbo. Once I get it on the lift and have it diagnosed, I am going to decide if i want to throw in a "new" motor.

A friend of mine suggested it may be the rear seal, since I can't see the leak from my point of view - I honestly have no idea where this is, but I do know he said it would cause the tranny to start slipping, which I really haven't noticed.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
If you do decide to get another motor, upgrade. Just weigh the costs of the fix to the cost of the motor + installation. Have the shop do a leakdown test to clean all the stuff up, drive it for a few days and that should tell you where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok it's going in tomorrow morning for the leakdown, we shall see what happens.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any idea how much it will likely run for me to get a rear seal done? i just have a horrid feeling that is the problem... being that the entire backside of the engine is coated in oil. Actually i took a picture about a month ago, forgot about that.
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/26/dsc011014or.jpg
discovered my nice little problem when i was swapping wheels around.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so it wasn't anything major - boot around my oil sending unit was bad, so we threw a new one on. And never bring your car to walmart for an oil change - that's where i brought it last and they don't have the proper filters for an F22B2 - so that was also leaking. I'm happy it wasn't anything major. :clap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.