Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know the aproximate cost of replacing motor mounts? My engine moves alot and I want to fix it. I searched already.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Unless the metal part of your engine mounts are broken, just replace the rubber bushing/mount insert with some polyurethane ones. Easy enough to do. I can't think of the brand right now for some reason, but they are only 37.95 from summit racing. Just as a side note, Hasport uses polyurethane in there mounts also.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for not being more specific. I ment labor costs. And ill be replacing ust the rubber with es mounts.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
acuradriva said:
shouldn't be more than 2 hours.

thanks. How many mounts are there? And only 2 hrs? I thought it would be more since the rear mount is a mofo.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:
thanks. How many mounts are there? And only 2 hrs? I thought it would be more since the rear mount is a mofo.
The rear is a bitch. You'll spend almost all of your time on that rear one. The front mount is tricky too. But I put the ES urethane mounts on my DA and it was the best 30 bucks I've spent on my car.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lugnutRS said:
The rear is a bitch. You'll spend almost all of your time on that rear one. The front mount is tricky too. But I put the ES urethane mounts on my DA and it was the best 30 bucks I've spent on my car.
cool. Did you do it yourself? I have the front one installed but not the rear cuz my mech said it didnt fit. arent there 3? I have the rest of them outside I just havent messed with them since I bought them. The other day I moved my car with the hood open and I noticed that the engine moved ALOT.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I did do it my self. The back one does fit! That's the most important one! lol. It's really easy, you just might bust a knuckle or two. I think you'll get it.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lugnutRS said:
I did do it my self. The back one does fit! That's the most important one! lol. It's really easy, you just might bust a knuckle or two. I think you'll get it.
did you have it on a lift or what? I think im just goiong to let me mech do it.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
i know this was long ago, but i'm coming across this problem now. i'm looking into replacing all the mounts on my motor. i understand there's about 4 of them? i'm not really sure. does anyone know where to get a good deal on some OEM ones. i don't need performance ones since it's just a dd stock ls/v.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
there are five of them. you have the main three : engine, rear, and tranny, then there are two smaller mounts, one beside the a/c condenser, and one on the front side of the tranny.
-quikflip

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
which ones can i replace with inserts and which ones do i have to replace the whole unit? is it worth replacing them all? i'm at 102k mi. and my rear mount is jacked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys I currently have a clunking sound when going over bumps and when jerking the steering wheel left and right. I have 175,000 miles on a 97 GSR and I recently replaced the steering rack and pinion, both axels [which come with the two tie rods and cv boots] and the two rear tie rods. I have never replaced the motor mounts and wonder if that could be the problem. Does anyone know the disadvantages of performance motor mounts and can I throw them on a slighly modified car? Mods are plug wires, koyo racing radiator, greddy header, greddy air filter. I know Hasport makes some good ones and there are some real good ones currently on ebay.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
why did you post this in a thread from 2 years ago?:confused

·
Registered
19 Posts
Because I did a search and this thread came up and I didn't want to start another thread on a topic that has already been discussed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts