Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i want ti do a motor swap in my sol. and i want to stick a turbo on the motor i want it to be in the high 100 or low 200 hp. you guys got any idea on good cheap stuff i mean i know its not all that cheap but i have seen motors for like 2 grand thats not all that bad. i have a del sol s 1997. oh and if anyone is getting rid of there muffler and its in god shape tell me

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
well if thats all the power your looking to get buy a d16z6 for at most 500 and piece together a turbo kit

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
soul 93 said:
you can jsut keep that motor and turbo that to make those numbers

doenst make sense to swap and boost to make 200

i made 210 on a stock block z6
he's got an S model...the one with the shitty motor...I wouldn't even bother hookin that thing up...I'd just buy a z6 for about 500 bucks like timtim123 suggested, and piece together a nice little kit...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
you normally have to buy Z6 motors from other people. I posted a "WTB Z6 in MD" in the classifieds and by the end of the week i picked one up with 110k miles for 200 with everything(block,head,tranny) but ecu...just gotta look around buddy, good luck

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got a ZC and a Z6 sitting around..but would only let go for good prices, as i need money to get my car finished. I've been selling everything..sold a show-winning sound system piece by piece, my brand new rims, head units, everything to keep my sol alive.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
solsykness said:
he's got an S model...the one with the shitty motor...I wouldn't even bother hookin that thing up...I'd just buy a z6 for about 500 bucks like timtim123 suggested, and piece together a nice little kit...

my mans got a dx motor in a hatch with a k03 ...dunno how much power hes making but if feels about the same as my 210 did (hes lighter though)

·
Registered
619 Posts
It's cool, no hard feelings. But, lilhavic can vouch for me, I've bought everything off of him, including my sol.

I got a z6 with 96 k on it, but i will only let that go for a good amount because its my back up motor.

then i have an dohc jdm zc, with only 15k miles on it, and i got that for sale in the classfieds..i needm oney to finish my sol lol..i wanna turbo it

·
Registered
619 Posts
i dunno, how much you willing to spend?

it doesnt have a tranny, but i cna get you on as soon as i swap the z6 out of my car

·
Registered
619 Posts
No, since your got an auto (and i am assuming you want to keep it auto) I'd just use that tranny, all d-series trannys will work. I can prolly let it go for around 400 (and if u need shipping, extra) but might be able to do a little lower..i need the cash for something new

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.