Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
from what i read a long time ago, hotmail dropped the feature for the free account and made it part of the paid service. yahoo's pop3 service is only available for their paid service. if you want pop3 service sign up with gmail.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IntegraTypeRS said:
from what i read a long time ago, hotmail dropped the feature for the free account and made it part of the paid service. yahoo's pop3 service is only available for their paid service. if you want pop3 service sign up with gmail.
wel we used to use outlook at my school...but im wondering how i can set my hotmail to outlook if its possible i guess not

·
Registered
175 Posts
hey if u want buddy i can invite u to gmail. my personal opinion is its the best free email + its easy as cake to set up the outlook....complete tutorial on the site to set it up.

But back to u wanting to connect outlook to ur hotmail acct. this should work, but im not certain cause i havent done it in years. as i said before i used gmail now but hopefully this link will help ya out a bit more

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=287424

·
Registered
670 Posts
I still use the Hotmail one, and it still works... Doesn't use the POP3, it does it's own HTTP stuff ...

My girlfriend is using it and she said it still works :confused :confused

As for GMAIL, yes there are step-by-step instructions on their website. It can get a little more tricky since you have to adjust the ports and stuff. If you said you're doing this at school, I'm not sure if you have the access to even edit it. For my work for example we use an Exchange Server, and it's protected by all these administrative settings, so I can't mess around with it. :[ I like GMAIL anyway, becuase of the chat feature on the side :D

EDIT:

Open MS Outlook -> Tools -> Email Accounts

Add New Email Account -> HTTP -> fill it out

For the user name on part 3, it has to be your full email address, not just your login name.

Here's something I just made... Try this:

http://rice.psychoblogger.com/outlook-hotmail.doc

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jhwee said:
I still use the Hotmail one, and it still works... Doesn't use the POP3, it does it's own HTTP stuff ...

My girlfriend is using it and she said it still works :confused :confused

As for GMAIL, yes there are step-by-step instructions on their website. It can get a little more tricky since you have to adjust the ports and stuff. If you said you're doing this at school, I'm not sure if you have the access to even edit it. For my work for example we use an Exchange Server, and it's protected by all these administrative settings, so I can't mess around with it. :[ I like GMAIL anyway, becuase of the chat feature on the side :D

EDIT:

Open MS Outlook -> Tools -> Email Accounts

Add New Email Account -> HTTP -> fill it out

For the user name on part 3, it has to be your full email address, not just your login name.

Here's something I just made... Try this:

http://rice.psychoblogger.com/outlook-hotmail.doc
it says i need a subscription

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
i have Windows Live Mail beta and was able to setup outlook. so it does work for Windows Live mail but not sure if it'll work with the MSN Hotmail.

either way, both is crap. do yourself a favor and switch to gmail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.