Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an MSD Modified cap and Blaster 2 coil. I installed it and the car did not start. It would crank but not start.( then ran around worried thinking o crap o crap o crap)and then I went back to stock and it started fine. So i checked an MSD forum and some said that i need an .07 or .08 Ohm ballast resistorand some said i didn't. I bought it but haven't installed it yet. I wanted to know if any of you guys could help me. Do i need a Ballast? Or could i have not installed it correctly or is the coil dead? Anything would help thanx

·
Registered
18 Posts
All I did was cut my original coil wire ends off. Then soldered my extentions on and used heat shrink to seal them and made sure they were clear of all moving parts. Are you going to a 8lb flywheel on the street?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Why..in the living shit do you need an aftermarket igition system....700+whp D series?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
9400rpms said:
Why..in the living shit do you need an aftermarket igition system....700+whp D series?
Because maybe he wants to? Not to be a prick but theres no need for a response like that. The factory Honda ignition is fine yes but it still gets sloppy at high r's.

Check your wiring. I had the same problem with mine, so I got pissed, quit for an hour, then went to look at it again and found out my coil wires werent getting a good connection.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
civic_x_95 said:
Because maybe he wants to? Not to be a prick but theres no need for a response like that. The factory Honda ignition is fine yes but it still gets sloppy at high r's.

Check your wiring. I had the same problem with mine, so I got pissed, quit for an hour, then went to look at it again and found out my coil wires werent getting a good connection.
been reving to 9400-9700rpms for about 3 years now on stock igition, i have no problems...i'm sure a SOHC D series shouldn't neither..its a waste of money i'm tryin to point that out..i may be an asshole at sometimes but face it..i'm tryin to save kids money from spending worthless crap they dont need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.