Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a MSD SCI Plus with a MSD modded cap and external blaster 2 coil. I was told you could tell a pretty good difference. I cant tell barely any difference. Anyone got suggestions or have a MSD setup they like? What Plug wires would be good to run with this setup that fit good like NGK, and Nology and not shitty like bosch, OBX, Taylor, and Autolite. I have Nology's on my car now, but I dont really need them with the MSD setup since they have built in cappacitors. [email protected]

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
stock honda ignition is actually pretty damn good. I think it's good for up to 400 hp or so actually.

And use NGK plug wires...

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
aftermarket ignitions are pretty much useless unless you have an N/A setup with a compression ratio of 11:1 or more, or your motor is supercharged, turbocharged or running a 75hp NOS shot or more.
you might notice easier starts and better gas mileage but not enough to explain the $$$ you spent on the whole ignition setup.
now if any of your stock ignition components fail then replacing them with aftermarket ones is a good idea since they're cheaper, but you know the saying....if its not broken....dont fix it.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
aftermarket ignitions are pretty much useless unless you have an N/A setup with a compression ratio of 11:1 or more, or your motor is supercharged, turbocharged or running a 75hp NOS shot or more.
you might notice easier starts and better gas mileage but not enough to explain the $$$ you spent on the whole ignition setup.
now if any of your stock ignition components fail then replacing them with aftermarket ones is a good idea since they're cheaper, but you know the saying....if its not broken....dont fix it.
couldnt have been said any better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts