Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a writeup for swapping out the ignition system on a JDM H22A. The engine I have has a internal coil. I would like to transform it into a external coil setup using MSD equipment. Anyone know where I can find a writeup?

My setup will be MSD wires, MSD distibuter cap, MSD Blaster SS coil and either a MSD 6AL or SCI.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's exactly the same set up that I have on my JDM H22A. Blaster ss coil, MSD distributor cap (to take the external coil) and the MSD Digital SCI+
A friend of mine helped me wire the coil, as I know nothing about electrics. From watching what he did, it's a very simple job. Basically you have to extend 2 wires out of the distributor to go to the external coil, and remove the internal coil. I'm pretty sure it shows you what wires you need to put in, with the instructions in the Blaster SS Coil.
If you're still stuck, drop me a mail to [email protected] and I'll tap my friend up for some advice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK?

Unfortuately that doesn't help me install mine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey man. Sorry I haven't managed to get you those pictures yet. Been working real late, and the car is in the garage at the moment.
PM me your email address, so that I can email you the pictures tomorrow.

Adam

·
Registered
63 Posts
check out:
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/msdbtm/msd.php

or
http://www.************.to/articles/install/msd6.html
^^ hahaha, i cant believe they censored out "honda prelude" (no space)

I forgot where i found the article, but you can convert your stock cap to accept external coils by drilling into it, and placing a MSD "power tower" or "tower converter", basically a nipple, onto the cap. You can also buy MSD caps for the H22 that has been pre-modified for an external coil. Check out the two links first, it might be what you're looking for anyways.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks both of you for the replies.

·
Registered
495 Posts
back from the dead but was searching and needed help with this same exact thing, anyone help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts