Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Mugen Rear Strut bar, on an 88si?

2K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  ivanED9 
trust me, theres a big difference between a 30 dollar strut bar and a mugen. Even some of the 100 dollar ones out there are pieces of shiet. The DC one for example. Anytime you can make a strut bar bend just by leaning on it...its not giving you the most structural rigidity. The mugen on the other hand, i put nearly all my body weight on that (massive 165 pds of muscle !:D ) and i didn't feel it budge

my friend in japan is shopping around for the spoon one. Its about half the price of the mugen :D

after i get strut bars, i wanna get a bigger front sway bar, and then a a much bigger rear sway bar to get rid of any understeer i might get. But, i heard if you have a sway bar in the rear thats too stiff, you might have the inside tire lifting up during hard cornering

first thing i really need to do is get new tires. Thats the one thing thats really holding me back right now. And i'm thinking about getting the H&R 25mm wheel spacers to give the car a "wider stance"

i wanna keep my stock rims though. I wanna keep that stock "sleeper" look. There are only two companies that i know of that make 195.55.14 tires for the street (not slicks, or competition tires). Dunlop and Toyo. I can't find of any place that sells the toyos though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.