Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up fellas I hread that Mugen products are one of the best JDM products you can buy. Can some of you guys throw you own opinions in about mugen and why i can not find anything about them? Not even a website or anything.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
www.kingmotorsports.com will have a good selection of Mugen parts, i think they're still the only official US distributor for Mugen.

Mugen is like a 2nd party company for Honda's racing efforts, it was fouded a while back by one of Soichiro Honda's sons to help build up Honda's racing teams in F1, SCCA, and other racing clubs and organizations. their products are highly sought after by JDM freaks because they're really hard to get sometimes (especially some of the rims!), and because their quality is just like OEM or better.

are there better products out there, even i will say yes. you just have to do your research, that's all.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
there's much better out there for the money. mugen is like spoon, overpriced jdm crap that will get beat by most usdm stuff.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i wouldn't say "most" USDM products, cause there's still quite a few USDM companies that just throw together a product for some quick profit, not really caring as much about the overall quality (economy of diminishing returns if you will).

Mugen rims, Rota makes replicas of some of them, so i'd just go with those. if you're dead set on some M7s, the Si rims look pretty close, but you won't find a pefect replica. otherwise you just have to look around. i personally say just get a nice set of good GSR rims if you want a 15" rim, but if you have to get aftermarket, Rota is the way to go.

Mugen aero parts are pretty top notch, but Wings West makes good replicas of some of their pieces. if you want them in carbon fiber, look at Seibon.

engine parts i don't know as much about, because most people i know of that have Mugen parts have rims, aero parts, or small misc pieces. i do know that their double loop exhaust system looks really wierd, and i question its flow rate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts