Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
On Blakes Nuts
Joined
·
5,057 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
nice. too much wheel spin IMO
Too much wheel spin haha that's funny. I'd like to see you control 500-600 hp and launch that thing like that! Listen how long it takes him just to get to second gear. If someone did that at a stop light on the street it would give gma in her K car a heart attack. That launch was good enough for a 1.6 60ft I'd bet my bottom dollar!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,559 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
nice. too much wheel spin IMO
It was a good display of power and was not meant to be a low ET launch. Showing how powerful it is. That thing is AWD and can spin all 4 tires!!! :wow Too bad they have to cost so much money though. Nice vid and even though I have seen it before I still love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,654 Posts
gooniac1 said:
It was a good display of power and was not meant to be a low ET launch. Showing how powerful it is. That thing is AWD and can spin all 4 tires!!! :wow Too bad they have to cost so much money though. Nice vid and even though I have seen it before I still love it.
watch the vid closely, i believe only the rear wheels are spinning. here's the thing, isn't the murcielago's awd system viscous? i'm pretty sure the diablo's were. anyways, viscous awd only kicks in when it needs to & with a launch like that, i think the transfer case just let the rear have all the power or something like that.

take a 911 turbo (which is awd) for instance. under normal conditions, 5% power is sent to the front wheels & 95% to the back. under extreme conditions, the power is split 40% front/60% rear. i believe if you launched a 911 turbo like that, the same results would happen (spin the hell outta the rear tires). i dunno what the fuck i am trying to say, i guess that that vid wasn't exactly an awd launch??....... :ninja
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
watch the vid closely, i believe only the rear wheels are spinning. here's the thing, isn't the murcielago's awd system viscous? i'm pretty sure the diablo's were. anyways, viscous awd only kicks in when it needs to & with a launch like that, i think the transfer case just let the rear have all the power or something like that.

take a 911 turbo (which is awd) for instance. under normal conditions, 5% power is sent to the front wheels & 95% to the back. under extreme conditions, the power is split 40% front/60% rear. i believe if you launched a 911 turbo like that, the same results would happen (spin the hell outta the rear tires). i dunno what the fuck i am trying to say, i guess that that vid wasn't exactly an awd launch??....... :ninja
your right. the same applies for STI's EVO's and other awd cars... (though prolly not ALL awd cars) the only thing that differs from car to car is the % ratio from front to rear. depending on the situation the computer will change the ratios. for hard turning for example the rear tires get the most power

even though it would make sense in this case to get 50/50 to front and rear for best traction. not sure how that works out exactly
 

·
On Blakes Nuts
Joined
·
5,057 Posts
I don't even understand how someone could say anything bad about this car. If you see one in your rear view mirror you'd better just move over because they're evil on the highway. I mean jesus he used one gear through that whole straight. That car definitely moved 60 ft in less than two seconds watch it close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,955 Posts
#1. To me, that is the sexiest designed car in the world.
#2. With that kind of power and cold tires, I would like to see one of you complainers launch any better. I think the anxiety alone would make me bury the pedal into the ground.
#3. AWD, yes, but I have seen tons of AWD cars smoke only the rear tires. Trust me, if it weren't for the AWD, the car would have sat still puffin on tire smoke for a good amount of time, the front tires are definetly doing their work, and if you gave the front tires any more torque, are your arms strong enough to fight the torque steer when one side decides to grab before the other with those twelve clydesdales under the hood?
#4. I will never own one in my life speaking realistically and just to see one be punished like that I bow down. :bow
#5. He chose smoking tires over cigarettes, hehe. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,559 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
watch the vid closely, i believe only the rear wheels are spinning. here's the thing, isn't the murcielago's awd system viscous? i'm pretty sure the diablo's were. anyways, viscous awd only kicks in when it needs to & with a launch like that, i think the transfer case just let the rear have all the power or something like that.

take a 911 turbo (which is awd) for instance. under normal conditions, 5% power is sent to the front wheels & 95% to the back. under extreme conditions, the power is split 40% front/60% rear. i believe if you launched a 911 turbo like that, the same results would happen (spin the hell outta the rear tires). i dunno what the fuck i am trying to say, i guess that that vid wasn't exactly an awd launch??....... :ninja
You are right for the most part but look at the vid closer or watch another video of one launching and you will see what I mean. The rears get most of the power but once it sees that they are spinning the fronts are given a little more. The fronts did spin but not as much. It isn't a 50/50 split in torque and it almost never is with an AWD car unless you can lock the center Diff. You have to look at how AWD cars do donuts to see what I mean. And the Murcie does them too. The front wheels will spin if you dump the clutch like they did in the video but just not as much as the rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
watch the vid closely, i believe only the rear wheels are spinning. here's the thing, isn't the murcielago's awd system viscous? i'm pretty sure the diablo's were. anyways, viscous awd only kicks in when it needs to & with a launch like that, i think the transfer case just let the rear have all the power or something like that.

take a 911 turbo (which is awd) for instance. under normal conditions, 5% power is sent to the front wheels & 95% to the back. under extreme conditions, the power is split 40% front/60% rear. i believe if you launched a 911 turbo like that, the same results would happen (spin the hell outta the rear tires). i dunno what the fuck i am trying to say, i guess that that vid wasn't exactly an awd launch??....... :ninja
The viscous isnt what distributes the power. AWD DSM's have a viscous coupling and have a 50/50 split.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,966 Posts
krazykloudz said:
if you gave the front tires any more torque, are your arms strong enough to fight the torque steer when one side decides to grab before the other with those twelve clydesdales under the hood?


12 clydesdales? 12 cyls but more than 12 horses :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
719 Posts
CanSi2G said:
Anyone else not getting any sound?? Nice ass launch
Ya, it was weird, it was like I couldnt hear a thing but then I turned up the volume and pow! All of a sudden... :rolleyes
HA! Ya I have sound, check the codec.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
i'm spent. i need a cigarette...ope found one, but my fingers are stuck to the lighter. oops
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top