Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Muscle-car guy turned to honda

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  azian21485 
#1 ·
Hey guys!!! i found this site and have checked it out - its pretty cool. for openers, i currently drive a 1996 chevy caprice cop car (LT1). i'm looking at getting rid of it in the next 9months or so and i started looking around at new cars with a budget of $10k. i've settled on a 6th gen accord ex coupe. i'll worry about finding the actual car when the time comes, but for now i just want to get out there and start getting ideas and some planning done.

the absolute one thing i will not do is rice my car out. i want it to look unique, but sleek and classy. i'm also gonna want some performance out of it - i know i wont get the LT1 performance that i'm used to. but, i still want to keep a respectable fuel economy.

right now, i'm looking at the "standard" stuff.....i/h/e i want to stay away from anthing that will make it sound like a horde of bees - the deeper and throatier the better. i'd also like to lower the stance to give it a more aggressive look. some 17's most likely with good performing tires. i dont intend on racing this thing at all - i just want to look nice and drive nice - is that so bad??

anywho, if ya'll wanna give any input, that'd be great. i'll start posting parts ideas on here and see what you guys think - i respect the opinions of people who know what they're taling about - and from what i can see from this site, there's quite a few of those people.

See less See more
#2 ·
:eek Want power? Great! Got a bank account? Awesome.
Save $30k and get the accord, drop a h22, build the shit out of it, get a t3/t4 turbo kit custom fabbed and tune the hell out of it. :w00t

We have many threads here on Superhonda and many of them address the very questions you have and the answers you seek. If you search for things such as rims, intake, header then we have a Parts review forum where people who have the stuff post their opinions of the stuff. For looks and what not then ya you will want to check the search engine, look around in this forum and snoop around.

I know you are new and its cool to find someone who wishes to improve the appearance of their car. With the many people that join here everyday we often run across these types of posts so many peopple such as me will simply tell you to search.......however im happy right now cuz I got some older girls # at the club tonight so please enjoy your stay here, wish me luck and good luck on ur accord purchase...........................also............dont plan too far ahead on ur project.......you would be surprised how quick ur mind changes on stuff once you actually get the damn car :bh

#3 ·
thanks for the welcome. i ahve been searching around in here for a few hours now and so far i've been finding what i need for now. depending on how a few things go, i may be getting the accord alot sooner than i think. if i can get a new paint job on the caprice, spruce it up a bit and find a buyer for it - then im golden!!

good luck with the woman!!!

#4 ·
exhaust - GReddy, Thermal R&D, and Skunk 2
Intake - AEM
Headers - DC Sports

there
and like TSM said, h22 and turbo would be the best way if you want a nice performing vehicle (ie fast)

for looks don't do anything extreme if you intendon getting a body kit. in most case a simple lip kit will look 5x better than a full body kit.

rims you can go up to 18, my friend has 19's on his but his car he wants to be show. I have 17's on mine and I'm 100% happy with em. but make sur to choose the spoke pattern very carefully, something needs to compliment the car.

and stay away from bling lol in most cases it's look down upon

#5 ·
if you're planning on going turbo though, don't even bother getting any NA parts.

no need for the intake, header, or exhaust because the turbo kit will take care of the intake and header. the exhaust will need a 3" custom piping and a universal muffler at the end.

but before you can do all that, the first thing you need to do is upgrade the driver, then the suspension then the go-fast parts :tu

#6 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
if you're planning on going turbo though, don't even bother getting any NA parts.

no need for the intake, header, or exhaust because the turbo kit will take care of the intake and header. the exhaust will need a 3" custom piping and a universal muffler at the end.

but before you can do all that, the first thing you need to do is upgrade the driver, then the suspension then the go-fast parts :tu
:nod

#7 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:

:bow

#8 ·
thermal r&d sounds like a horde of bees if you ask me, i'd go for apexi world sport, sounds almost stock but when you get on it, you hear a throaty but mild roar. but take it from me, another one of the many who wasted lots of money on bolt ons when either a swap or boost was needed... so i'd go straight for one of those two options if i were you, but welcome to the world of honda, good luck.

#9 ·
krazykloudz said:
thermal r&d sounds like a horde of bees if you ask me, i'd go for apexi world sport, sounds almost stock but when you get on it, you hear a throaty but mild roar. but take it from me, another one of the many who wasted lots of money on bolt ons when either a swap or boost was needed... so i'd go straight for one of those two options if i were you, but welcome to the world of honda, good luck.
the Thermal I've heard is just a tad bit louder than stock unless you stomp on it.
now Apexi I have yet to hear a single exhaust system of theirs sound anything other than horrible

#10 ·
Gosei_Passion said:
the Thermal I've heard is just a tad bit louder than stock unless you stomp on it.
now Apexi I have yet to hear a single exhaust system of theirs sound anything other than horrible
I've actually heard the apexi WS now and it was very quiet, and even when you romp it, the noise is still minimal. My friend has a f22 accord with the r&d and it sounded like wet fart, maybe he had an exhaust leak?

#11 ·
krazykloudz said:
I've actually heard the apexi WS now and it was very quiet, and even when you romp it, the noise is still minimal. My friend has a f22 accord with the r&d and it sounded like wet fart, maybe he had an exhaust leak?
maybe cause the guy i know who has it almost talked me into buying one because of th way his sounded...I heard the ApexI on a b18 and it sounded like compelte dirt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.