Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.davisnet.com/drive/products/CarChip_Catalog.pdf

http://www.davisnet.com/drive/images/Driv_1_CarChpOff.gif

This is something my dad just ran upon me and I've never seen one for obd2 cars compliable with preludes! I can get them for even cheaper than advertised because my dad can get them for the company he works for. He works for one of the largest school suppliers in the world and this is a new product for automotive classes. Rickv you may be very interested in this. Read up on the two links, let me know what you think. This isn't just your basic scan tool it actually datalogs in real time, freeze frame. It's capable of 4 out of 23 engine parameters and can datalog 300 hrs. Some of the engine parameters that can be viewed are vehicle speed, trip distance traveled, acceleration/deceleration threshold for young untrusted teens. Also engine speed, throttle position, coolant temp, engine load, air flow rate, intake air temp, intake mani pressure, fuel pressure, o2 sensor voltage over time, ignition timing advance, short term fuel, long term fuel and battery voltage. I think I just ran into a new tool to help people with builds and basic trouble codes. It doesn't flash code lights it reads them in real time and tells you specific values. I think people will be excited about this new product. If you need more info let me know I've got the pamphlet (which can be read with the two links above!

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
28 views and no replies. This thing isn't just a scan tool. It has freeze frame data and logs on real time. 23 engine parameters is awesome. I know there's people that want their intake temp and manifold pressure. Shit it logs fuel pressure and all you have to do is plug it in. O2 sensor voltage over time, are you serious people! Very helpful for cels, I don't want to read another I got a cel if people wouldn't even consider it. Tell you what I'll buy it for my car then maybe people will believe!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
28 views and no replies. This thing isn't just a scan tool. It has freeze frame data and logs on real time. 23 engine parameters is awesome. I know there's people that want their intake temp and manifold pressure. Shit it logs fuel pressure and all you have to do is plug it in. O2 sensor voltage over time, are you serious people! Very helpful for cels, I don't want to read another I got a cel if people wouldn't even consider it. Tell you what I'll buy it for my car then maybe people will believe!
ive seen these on t.v and they look very cool. something usefull if your trying to masta da obd2. fortunatly for me uberdata can datalog all that stuff with a 10$ nokia phone data cable soldered into the ecu.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gettin one just for kicks. I've got a lot of literature on them here with me. I'd be interested in having it for my auto technology school for all the piece of shit obd2 american cars that I have to work on everyday. It would definitely speed the process of fixing my cels too. I can't believe no one comments on it. Engine load, ignition timing advance, intake temp, manifold pressure and fuel pressure is the main reason I want it.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SpecalK said:
thats a cool thing, how much can u get one for.
They list for $179.99 for datalogger and software. I can get them through dad for cost whatever that may be I'd have to inquire on it. Simply cool is what I think this product is. Yeah there's other dataloggers but not 23 different engine parameters!

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
prelude97sh said:
so ure dad works for them?
Um did you read the thread, well anyways no he works for a large shool supplier and can get them. He can get anything air compressors, these, markers, tablets, dead animals for labs just about anything school related or course related. These are in the catalog for auto tech classes like the one I'm presently in. This would definitely be worth 180 bucks to diagnose how your engines running.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
well, since he gets them at cost i assumed he was a dealer of some sort. trust me buddy, i know i have a reading level well above yours, no offense.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
prelude97sh said:
well, since he gets them at cost i assumed he was a dealer of some sort. trust me buddy, i know i have a reading level well above yours, no offense.
You truely are a dork aren't you. Reading level above mine, you don't even know me dick. To be quite honest with you I've always been smart and I don't know where the fuck you come off with some dumbass comment like that. Maybe we should get together then I whip your ass how's that sound, I'll gladly drive to akron dude. Stay the hell out of my threads if you're going to be a dick. Plus you contradicted yourself in the first place I told you he works for a large school supplier and can get them because they're offered for auto tech classes so you must not read to well!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
You truely are a dork aren't you. Reading level above mine, you don't even know me dick. To be quite honest with you I've always been smart and I don't know where the fuck you come off with some dumbass comment like that. Maybe we should get together then I whip your ass how's that sound, I'll gladly drive to akron dude. Stay the hell out of my threads if you're going to be a dick. Plus you contradicted yourself in the first place I told you he works for a large school supplier and can get them because they're offered for auto tech classes so you must not read to well!

thats after you tried to insult me..than clarified it. Yes im a big dork, But atleast i dont go around riding my high horse on a internet webboard. You may be smart.. but it doesnt come across, especially when your like 32 and you want to come fight a 19 year old.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
prelude97sh said:
thats after you tried to insult me..than clarified it. Yes im a big dork, But atleast i dont go around riding my high horse on a internet webboard. You may be smart.. but it doesnt come across, especially when your like 32 and you want to come fight a 19 year old.
Well I'm 28 and I hardly come in here being a dick to anyone, didn't insult you and then after typed your question in the form of a straight up answer is all. Insult for insult basically, saying you can read better than someone in a internet forum when you've never met me is something a 19 year old would say. I work in sales for pepsi, take auto tech classes at night for ase certifications and take care of a wife and kid soon to be another. I must be doing something right in life to own my own home, don't see how on earth you would say you can read better. That's basically retarded!

Edit, also I'm taking classes in the automotive world because I hardly know everything about cars and some diagnosis get very rough. I'm there to learn and for the most time the info I provide whether it's for my car or not is usually good, positive info!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
yo see how much u can get them for because if im able to get the hookup from ur dad i might get one to put on my moms car so i can keep a eye on her car to make sure it runs good. i dont need one for my car because the dealership i work at has the big daddy odb2 scanner tool with full digital display and i simply hook it up everynow in then and drive it around a few miles and then it prints out all the info :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
you've always been smart? why are you banned from HT.com again?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts