Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Jeez. :lol2
He wasn't even on the power when it happened.. AND that kinda sounded like an auto.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That was at mustang week in 05 at Myrtle Beach in front of the mall. My friend was there and saw it happen. he wasn't the one filming but he was close by, maybe two or three people down from the cameraman.

Reactions: ATISTANG

·
Registered
343 Posts
johnnyvicious said:
slow cobra? was a saleen anyway...
naw dude it was a cobra with saleen stickers on the door and racin' stipes...not racing stripes, but racin'

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
nissanpwrds14 said:
I am confused.... Why wouldn't you countersteer and let off the gas? Or do mustangs handle that shitty?
On dry pavement you can come out of stuff pretty easy, i cant see the vid at work but I think I know what one it is, the guy should have countersteered and if it kept going like it was he should have clutched it.

This is the cobra that powerslides turning left then hits the cars waiting in the on coming traffic lane right?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
What im thinking happened because that actually was manual it seemed like because it sounded like he revved pretty high & launched the shit out of the clutch & i've driven a 97 Cobra & with there driveshaft breaking into 2nd gear like that can really make you pull hard & guy in Mustang or "kid" just went a lil to far...

Same thing that happened with that black 03/04 SVT Cobra vid that supposely was driven by 16 year old son for a day & father found out later what happened to it....Seems like we need to start our children into v6 mustangs then upgrade them to v8 later on.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Jersey Joe said:
Looks like the same stretch of road where someone pulled the same move in their KB Cobra. vids on streetfire somewhere

No if you check on mustang forums its still running all over, that one happened in Florida i believe if i can last recall & was driven by 16 year old son from what everyone found out then father found out later what happened to it.

& actually if you guys arn't aware 2 of top 25 best drifters in the world in D1 - drifting competition is two 2005 Mustang GT's, one by Vaughn Jr & cant remember other name, they was just out here in Vegas recently for D1 & NHRA so dont think Mustangs cant handle or drift lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.