Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
My dad owned a msutang. he dragged it.

He isnt a shitty driver either, and always had good tires and a good clutch. he never broke into the 13s and his car was fully stocky except for igniton and exhaust. stock manifolds. he never went for power, jsut sound and appearance.

you are fucking dumb if you think a stock foxbody hits 13.1
for once i actually have to agree with matt

mid 14's is what stock foxes are good for

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
It has small things like a k&n filter I pulled the fan off and put an electric one on it took the smog pump off of it and ran with a shorty belt so no ac or alt it had a mac off road H pipe with mac mufflers had some mild aftermarket shocks and I pulled out the spare tire and rear seat but motor wise other than the cam it was stock. And the rear end had gears my mustang didn't come stock with 373s.
i could see it

stock fox body gears are 2.73's jumping to 3.73's alone is a big improvement

taking the belt driven fan off is a noticeable improvement

b cam is a pretty good cam for stock heads and intake mani

off road H gets rid of the 4 stock cats, there are a few horsepowers gained there

removing the ac does nothing but save wieght

if he had some drag radials or some very good street tires, and judging by the 60'ft times and the trap speed for the time he ran, he hooked well off the line

this is why people say you can make a fox fast for cheap, basically bolt ons, the right gear, and the right tires you can be closing in on 12's. its when you start trying to get deep into the 12's and 11's is when cheap goes out the window :hehe

anyways stock fox, i dont care who you are your not gonna get a 13 second pass

his is not stock. most people with a honda that says "its not stock at all anymore" doesn't have near this much done

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
whats your fox do down the 1/4 bruce?
best run was 12.8 @ 114, that was with a 1.8 60ft time

bad part is i celebrated breaking into the 12's that night, not sure what happened to the time slip :lol so as far as anyone who wasn't there to see it, its just words out of my mouth

now i'll have to dig around at my parents to find some other slips in low 13's

I know i have a slip somewhere with a 13.2 @ 114, i remember it because it was the week before i broke 12's. I had second gear issues and I knew that it i would have banged 2nd perfect that it would have been in the 12's. I'm pretty sure that was a 1.8 60ft also. this is with street tires btw lol

i have a slip right here from after the stroker build, [email protected] 114 :lol
60ft was 2.216 and then i had 3rd gear issues due to my clutch not being adjusted right

I seem to always have a problem when i go to the track, but after i get situated in my new house its time to iron out a few more bugs, beef the rear end, and put some drag radials on and see what i can do

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
best run was 12.8 @ 114, that was with a 1.8 60ft time

bad part is i celebrated breaking into the 12's that night, not sure what happened to the time slip :lol so as far as anyone who wasn't there to see it, its just words out of my mouth

now i'll have to dig around at my parents to find some other slips in low 13's

I know i have a slip somewhere with a 13.2 @ 114, i remember it because it was the week before i broke 12's. I had second gear issues and I knew that it i would have banged 2nd perfect that it would have been in the 12's. I'm pretty sure that was a 1.8 60ft also. this is with street tires btw lol

i have a slip right here from after the stroker build, [email protected] 114 :lol
60ft was 2.216 and then i had 3rd gear issues due to my clutch not being adjusted right

I seem to always have a problem when i go to the track, but after i get situated in my new house its time to iron out a few more bugs, beef the rear end, and put some drag radials on and see what i can do
I'm gonna party like its 1999 when I break the 15 sec. barrier :lmao

This is the year its gonna happen!

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
:ninja

101 - 120 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.