Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 05 s2k kills 03 s2k!!!!

wassupz everybody..i got a 05 blk s2k and i beat my friends 03 s2k which is the 2.0 one that revs to 9k redline that doesn't mean nothing and i drove his car after i beat him too..it seem lyke the new one vtec kicks alot stronger that the old one..n it takes too long to get to 9k or something..i pull on him from 1st to 4th..no chance..stay all behind me about 3 cars space..that's a big different and now i just got a Apexi vtec controller & a injen Cai this baby is definetly spankin some ass now..

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea 4 car length no joke..and my 05 was bone stock too.. even off the line not even keep up w/ me as soon as we punch it that'z it i pull on him like crazy haha..

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no the new one is definetly fastest then the old one period that'z the second old one i raced n i always pull on it..but when u look bac the mirror i say 3 car from 1st to 4th gear..if yall don't believe 4

·
Registered
894 Posts
You're friend just can't drive that well. It shouldn't make that difference between the old and the new.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
It has been proven that the AP2 is faster than the AP1. I think it was car and driver that did an article on the comparison. The AP2 no longer features a 9,000 rpm redline but VTEC hits alot earlier and with the engine bumped up from the 2.0 (AP1) to a 2.2L, it pulls alot harder threw every gear. The gear ratios in the AP2 was also lowered just a bit to give it even more of a kick. I dont doubt that you beat the guy by 4 cars. Not only does he have a slower car than you he was probably a bad driver. A win win situation for you. Its like a 2000 Civic Si trying to race a 2006 Civic Si. Consider yourself lucky you bought a 04' up model S2000

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i knoe i was gonna get the old one at first too.. :bash now i have no regret..05 s2k-1/4 mile:13.9 that'z from auto trend im guessin that'z da bestest time they got for a bone stock one.. 00-03 s2k:14.3-14.8 dependz on da driver..if yall got the old one go race the new one n u'll find out urself

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
The AP2 is significantly faster than the AP1. More torque throughout the rev range (helps for launches), more power sooner in the rev range (Honda underrated the F22C), and shorter gearing translates to faster acceleration.

It's just a shame that the AP2 doesn't handle as good and isn't as fun to drive IMHO, despite being faster.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
s2k_jay said:
yea i knoe i was gonna get the old one at first too.. :bash now i have no regret..05 s2k-1/4 mile:13.9 that'z from auto trend im guessin that'z da bestest time they got for a bone stock one.. 00-03 s2k:14.3-14.8 dependz on da driver..if yall got the old one go race the new one n u'll find out urself

Proper English does wonders to your 1320 times! :bash

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Targa250R said:
The AP2 is significantly faster than the AP1. More torque throughout the rev range (helps for launches), more power sooner in the rev range (Honda underrated the F22C), and shorter gearing translates to faster acceleration.

It's just a shame that the AP2 doesn't handle as good and isn't as fun to drive IMHO, despite being faster.
I've owned both a AP1 and AP2 and the AP2 is not 4 car lengths faster than a AP1...trust me I know. The AP2 doesn't handle as well??????? Increased tire size plus tweaked suspension = a better handler. Best motoring tested the AP1 vs. AP2 and the AP2 was 1sec faster on the track because of the improved suspension + tires. Yes it might not be as fun and involved to drive.

"With the same horsepower, the '04 car runs similar 0-to-60-mph and quarter-mile times but aces the '03 model in the 30-to-50-mph and 50-to-70-mph top-gear passes, running 8.8 seconds versus 9.9 and 7.9 seconds versus 9.4, respectively. That's quite remarkable, particularly since sixth gear in the new S2000 is actually now two percent higher. (First through fourth are four percent lower, for better acceleration, with fifth just one percent lower.)"

-http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/7274/honda-s2000.html

just to clarify i'm not saying you didn't beat your friend, or even that you beat your friend by XX amount of car lenghts. all i'm saying is that the cars from a stand still drag race should be about the same in a perfect race.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
s2k_jay said:
wat a *** if all these people can understand n reply then GO get a life and roll ur r slow x out of here fool..u so kool man..puahahahhaa
:lol2 Hey hey take it easy man. You cant be getting all jumpy like this over other peoples post. Youre going to get alot more like that so you might as well just learn to read over it and give him no attention like everyone else :bye

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
pearlwhite_HF said:
AP1 owns all

Someone speaks the truth here! :w00t

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alls i know is ap1 is slow and does not own nothing even my boi's rsx type s w/ k-pro hondata.intake.test pipe.exhaust.header.whoops the ap1 all the time lyke 3-4 cars reving 9k u gotta rev the shiet out of ur 2.0 and i know people got problems w/ their valves

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
s2k_jay said:
alls i know is ap1 is slow and does not own nothing even my boi's rsx type s w/ k-pro hondata.intake.test pipe.exhaust.header.whoops the ap1 all the time lyke 3-4 cars reving 9k u gotta rev the shiet out of ur 2.0 and i know people got problems w/ their valves
That's a clue that perhaps the guy driving the AP1 can't drive . . .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.