Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got the crx running. Had a huge amount of help due to my lack of skills and knowledge. But learned quite a bit during the process.
Started out with the MPFI wiring swap work. Had a buddy help me do the wiring harness. The car sat for a year basically. . .I think my buddy just decided to give up on the work. Decided to move onto a mini-me head swap since the car was still not running. Picked up an awesome Y8 cylinder head that included COMP Cam, gear, Ti. valve springs and retainers. Had the head port & polished locally and a 3-angle valve job. Chipped PM6 ecu with vtec at 4,800 and rev-limit at 8,000. The block was tanked and looked like it had not seen one of the 165,000+ miles that was on it. It was immaculate. I put in new pistons, no over-boring or added compression--YET!! Skunk2 IM, have also switched to AEM FPR. Hoping to add a B&M guage or similar soon. Si Tranny, new clutch and flywheel--not lightened. Lots of suspension upgrades, bolt-in 4-pt roll bar. Some other stuff. . .I'm hoping to get it on the dyno and tuned by next week. Looking to get 140 to 150 hp?? Not sure how that will turn out, but the car is STRONG, runs great. 1,000 miles have passed on the natural oil, so tomorrow the Royal Purple goes in. Hoping to add FAL lightweight glass to the 3 rear windows at some point, and of course, fix the cancer problem. Enjoy!!

THANKS For any and all comments. I've already made some upgrades and changes since these pics. I'll add or update pics in the near future. I'll post up a dyno sheet and numbers as soon as I have them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
solsykness said:
looks good...and it'll look a helluva lot better once you get the CANCER (lol) problem taken care of :hug

Hell yeah man, I agree!! I wanted to get this thing running so bad, and now that's running as well as it is, I'm looking forward to getting back into auto-x that I've missed for the last year 1/2. So the cancer will be taken care of during the winter months. I'm actually going to try and source some rear quarter panels. Its going to be the best way considering how much rust I have underneath on the stock panels. THanks for the props btw :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DrivinVtec said:
not a huge fan of the red hoses. but over all..looks great. look at my wiretuck thread. you might want to look into that

After I added the red hoses, I really didn't like them much either. But I paid like $65 for the Hose Techniques kit. . .Its not going to be a show car anyhow :rolleyes I will definitely look into the wire-tuck thread. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
T.Slick said:
Hell yeah man, I agree!! I wanted to get this thing running so bad, and now that's running as well as it is, I'm looking forward to getting back into auto-x that I've missed for the last year 1/2. So the cancer will be taken care of during the winter months. I'm actually going to try and source some rear quarter panels. Its going to be the best way considering how much rust I have underneath on the stock panels. THanks for the props btw :D
http://www.ef-honda.com/main/viewtopic.php?t=21909&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
PM me if you are interested. :number1

Bye bye rust!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blackdelsol94 said:
That thing is nice and clean man. You should be able to tear it up at autox...so damn fun.

MAN, I am SOOOOO jones'in for auto-x!! I quit auto-x'ing my EP last year after I added a lip kit. My first event will hopefully be next weekend.

I love driving this car :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Blade silver FTW! :number1
looks good, keep up the good work

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
teamhonda_69 said:
Blade silver FTW! :number1
looks good, keep up the good work

THanks man. . .Its still a build-in-progress. I've got Gator Axles on the way, picked up a set of those rear quarter panels--awesome. Still have some suspension upgrades that I'd like to get done. Need to actually get in the car and see what code/s I'm throwin.

Kinda strange, but I'll be driving, revving in the 4 to 5,000 range, not necessarily at WOT either. . .and the freakin car will just die. I turn the key off and on again. . .Its either fuel or electrical--I'm guessing maybe fuel pump or even a bad ignition?? Hoping to get that figured out soon. Then for some tuning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.