Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I guess it broke a hole into the transmission, as it leaks tranny fluid. I was miles away from my house, so i drove it while it was leaking. THen after awhile, it jus stopped moving. Even if i filled it up wit tranny fluid, i doubt it would work again. It would cost $1500 dollars for a rebuilt tranny. I drive a 1992 Honda Accord LX, w/ 141,XXX miles. I just replaced the timing belt/water pump and oil pan this month. The car is in okay condition, there is the common Honda cancer spots on rear wheels. I also spend $200 putting M3 mirrors and $300 to get a remote start alarm. What i am trying to ask here, is should i keep the car? Should i spend the $1500 to fix the tranny? Or just use my money to pay down for a 2001 Acura Integra or a 2001 Honda Prelude (those are the 2 im considering)? THe tranny is an automatic, and i would like a manual car. Sigh, and i just bought the car this summer for $2200.

·
Registered
160 Posts
well i did a search, and found that the transmission housing for your year is around $300. also, a used auto transmission for your car is around $500. it may be cheaper just to buy a whole transmission than trying to fix it. i also emailed my local honda parts department for the cost of a new transmission. i'll prolly hear from them later if u wanted to know. you'll still have to pay for installation, though, but i dont think it will come out to 1500 if the transmission ends up being around 700 shipped.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot. Can you direct me to where u saw the transmission for sale for that price? I guess i will replace the whole thing. So it should cost about 500 for the whole transmission, and labor will be alot i guess. Hmm. I think i will just pay down for a new car for now, but keep my 92 accord in my backyard. I will try to install the tranny myself when its summer, as its freezingh cold here in NYC. thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
i had the same problem last week. i have a 94 ex accord and i went to a junkyard and i got a tranny for $325. So me and my cousin put it in and it works great. since u live in new york city u should go to a couple of junkyards behind shea staidum. i got mine a sunrise auto parts 718-397-5555

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what type of tranny does a 92 honda accord lx, with stock f22 engine use? I know its a f22 engine ,but i dont know which one, either f22a1 or wat. And wat kind of tranny, f22a1?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
"I can no longer resist the pizza. I open the box and unzip my pants with my other hand. As I penetrate the gooey cheese, I moan in ecstacy. The mushrooms and Italian sausage are rough, but the sauce is deliciously soothing."

this is really gross :noo

and the trannies are interchangeable anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts